GNU Carbon Credit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GNU Carbon Credit

Looking to buy my first board. Have only rented to this point. Wondering what you all think of the GNU Carbon Credit. I am looking for an all around board to ride on the east coast and I am a beginner. Thanks.
bbplayerinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think its a great choice for a beginner! Itll be good all thru your begiiner stages thru your intermediate stages.

Last edited by Lowlyffe; 01-31-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Lowlyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome board, and great for ice/crappy conditions.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yep agree the CC is a great board for beginner to int you will love it i think
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Magna traction is wonderful for the east coast conditions took my new Lib Tech out today in upstate NY and it handled beautifully!

Get the Carbon Credit!
jcam1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I have done a ton or research and have gone back and forth on the right board to buy. I appreciate your thoughts. So far I haven't found a board that I can get as much bang for the buck as the GNU CC.
bbplayerinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think everyone is underselling the Carbon Credit as a beginners board. The best freestyle carver (ie best carved turns on a freestyle board) at our mountain rides this year's Carbon Credit. The dude makes the nicest most technical perfectly equal radius every times turns I have ever seen.

My point is...great beginner board that you can ride until you're an expert and it won't be the limiting factor in your riding. Magnetraction is AWESOME on ice. I prefer it to the vario cut of my NS Heritage (previously rode a T.Rice C2BTX)
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just bought one and used it once. Mint condition 158 cm. If interested, shoot me an offer. Black and red. Sticking with the NS Revolver.

Andy
Krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
I think everyone is underselling the Carbon Credit as a beginners board. The best freestyle carver (ie best carved turns on a freestyle board) at our mountain rides this year's Carbon Credit. The dude makes the nicest most technical perfectly equal radius every times turns I have ever seen.

My point is...great beginner board that you can ride until you're an expert and it won't be the limiting factor in your riding. Magnetraction is AWESOME on ice. I prefer it to the vario cut of my NS Heritage (previously rode a T.Rice C2BTX)
This.

I had one as a beginner and it helped me get the basics down, I was pleasantly surprised that it has also been awesome on intermediate/advanced terrain, shitty snow/ice, jumps (small ones for me), boxes(I suck at these too), carving...etc. The fact that it's only $400 is criminal.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplayerinva View Post
Looking to buy my first board. Have only rented to this point. Wondering what you all think of the GNU Carbon Credit. I am looking for an all around board to ride on the east coast and I am a beginner. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. Had a first hand me down board that was a junker but it got me into the sport enough to decide i wanted to stick with it and pick up my own board. After reading things about the GNU CC I picked up the 2010 edition lightly used on eBay with a pair of Danny Kass Union bindings.

It just arrived this week and I haven't been able to take it out yet so I can't tell you anything as of now. Good news is that I'll be in Killington, VT next week for a few days and I can report back on what I find. I'm sure I'll agree with everything you've read and heard here and let you know what a great board at a bargain price you're gonna get.

My first ride was 2 months ago at Killington and went to the top of Great Northern and figured out what to do on the way down. I can't wait to get back up there and dominate that run next week.
mmarshall776 is offline   Reply With Quote