Does anyone still PREFER camber? - Page 17 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #161 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Camber is just tried and true, Rocker is a bit more playful for jibs but I hate it for jumps, Definitely not a fan of hybrid.

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #162 (permalink)

Default My Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
Had an interesting discussion today at my LBS regarding hybrid vs camber. It seems all of us were in favor of cambered boards. We all agreed that rocker and hybrid boards have their place (park or pow) but for aggressive hard charging nothing beats camber. The shop owner said most boards will most likely return to camber next year and that this hybrid nonsense is just marketing hype (his words). But I also sort of agree with him. I'm looking for a new freeride board and for the first time in 10+ years it WILL NOT be a Never Summer. We all agreed that the older NS boards were built for experianced and aggressive riders and the newer models are better suited for begginers. Anyways, was checking out the Kessler Ride but damm!$$$$$$
Well, this is only coming from a "beginner" as I believe you called NS riders but bear with me. In the past two years I have been on the podium at the USASA National Championships for Boarder-cross two times, once placing 3rd in 2012 and this most current season 1st in arguably one of the most competitive age groups in USASA. Both times I was on a Never Summer R/C board and both times i was competing against, and beating, riders on Oxess, Apex, Donnek, and yes, even Kessler.

In free-riding terms I am riding some of the roughest mountains in the US, including Jackson Hole, Wy 8-10 days a year and 60-70 days a year I am bombing Snowbird, Utah. When I ride either of these mountains or anywhere else that I want free-ride performance...I always grab a NS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nat2013_159639dw.jpg (120.3 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by TUTRider; 10-30-2013 at 03:28 PM.
TUTRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #163 (permalink)
Veteran Member

And....... schwaaak. A perfectly executed bitch slap.

But nonetheless you would have placed on anything you rode probably. There is some correlation between Never Summers move to RC and a whole new demographic of riders they pulled in. And some old schoolers they lost just because some guys will only ride camber.

Last edited by tonicusa; 10-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Just buy last years MTB and with the money you'll save you could buy the Kessler outright!?!

I've never understood people that spend more than $1500 on a bike, but they're the same people that don't understand me spending $1300 on a board.

All in all, worse things to spend your money on, in no particular order would be: heroin, hookers, gambling.
Coming from someone that has paid $6k on a mountain bike, I would actually understand paying premium for a snowboard.
VanillaEps is offline   Reply With Quote