Does anyone still PREFER camber? - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #31 (permalink)

Learned and rode camber for years. I had my board stolen 2 years ago and bought a NS hybrid due to the lack of options in a traditional cambered board. I bought a used K2 Zeppelin camber board this year because the Rocker/Camber felt to loose straight lining it at high speeds. Maybe I'm not experienced enough, but I have been riding for about 11-12 years.

Btw, I kept the NS Legacy just in case I run into any powder. I don't really like the feel of it on icy groomers. Maybe I just need to give it longer, I only rode it for about 3 days.

Jon
LightninSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I leaned on posi camber too and glad I did. I have ridden a few different types of board now and they all have their strong points. For me pure posi camber is not something I will be riding anymore. I rockered up the tip in my posi camber Volkl DIY style and it just rides better in pow.

Since I ride a lot of pow and deep pow its just better. Ride are now making boards like this with posi camber in the back for carving and just a gentle rocker in the tip for better float (Highlife, Bezerker). These could be a good board for someone making the transition IMO.

My 2011 highlife is flat in the middle and has slightly rockered tips. Its close to posi camber but just better all round IMO, you can do more things easier with it.

I will probably buy a full rocker (or maybe a hybrid) for my next board as part of my quiver.

I would definitely say it takes a few days to really dial in a new board profile that you are not used to.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #33 (permalink)

I've rode the same cambered deck for about ten years and recently switched it up to a hybrid. I must say the biggest loss is the rebound from carve to carve, since I have a rocker/camber/rocker combo the edge hold is still there and I still have stability. I have way better float and far better low speed carving/turn initiation on the hybrid. But at the same time I'm still a tad disappointed.
Rezist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #34 (permalink)

I started like most of you guys on camber, but this year (after 10 years on camber) I bought a Park Pickle (banana rocker). I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this board. It's so playful and forgiving but I can still bomb on it. Granted, you always have to be centered on it or else you will pivot around the rocker and wash out, but after you know this it's insanely fun.
Also, buttering at high speeds is a walk in the park with the pickle. Also, I can't believe it floats just like my cambered Vapor and it's 9 cm shorter. I haven't touched the Vapor ever since I got the Pickle.

Camber is dead to me
horia.ancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #35 (permalink)

I prefer camber and if not camber flat I am not a rocker person. It just feels too loose for me
woodhomie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i will probably never ride traditional camber again
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Thoughts on Bataleon/TBT camber?

Does the TBT make the camber better? Or does the TBT just make the camber acceptable?

Just curious...

Checking out a Bataleon stick at the moment...
easton714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

All of the reverse camber and alt camber boards I have tried are junk. I'd like to try the TBT and zero camber, as long as it's not too noodly.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #39 (permalink)

I still prefer traditional camber, only demoed a rocker for a couple days and my buddy has one. I think they are fun but i still dont feel like i can cut as well as i can with my camber and we ride in icy conditions like 90% of the time..
dskache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #40 (permalink)

Atmosphere Cambered Snowboards. Way Worthy! Skateboards/Snowboards - Atmosphere Clothing Store
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg layout__21996_zoom.jpeg (111.0 KB, 236 views)