Does anyone still PREFER camber? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
All of the reverse camber and alt camber boards I have tried are junk. I'd like to try the TBT and zero camber, as long as it's not too noodly.
what have you tried?

Junk is a bit strong. Maybe not your thing. Each profile has strong points and weak points IMO.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #42 (permalink)

Theres probably a profile out there for everyone right now. Its a fun time. Im particularly pleased to see the tweaking of camber itself to something less aggressive (which you might be finding in the way people are messing around with zero profiles). In truth it would be hard to say if i would drop camber altogether, because honestly it just feels locked. You get spanked and you probably realise that it was more often something you did rather than a case of the terrain bouncing you around a bit.

Of course, it kinda sucks in pow and right now we are swimming in it in japan, so my camber rides are benched for the minute. But in a few weeks or so when it starts getting icy and cut, ill be back on camber and happy bombing away through the conditions. Its pretty much the pop though that sells me on it. The quiver killer last year had nice pop, and the riot this year feels pretty similar (if a little quicker).

So yeah, camber has a place, hybrid has a place, i just go with how im feeling that day
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

I love camber again after riding my chop shop swallow tail supermodel in japan this year. It just needs a longer more gradual nose with a more pointy shape to be my ultimate board. I wont consider anything without aggressive camber anymore but finding such a board is difficult.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #44 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I love camber again after riding my chop shop swallow tail supermodel in japan this year. It just needs a longer more gradual nose with a more pointy shape to be my ultimate board. I wont consider anything without aggressive camber anymore but finding such a board is difficult.
You had it done at a shop?

A DIY job?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #45 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Well technically it was done at a shop. My workshop but its usually turbo fabrications going down not snowboards.
Its my board and I chopped it, first time Ive ever chopped a snowboard. I think that counts as DIY.
Chop shop is just a term I used in the above post and you are nailing me for it lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #46 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well technically it was done at a shop. My workshop but its usually turbo fabrications going down not snowboards.
Its my board and I chopped it, first time Ive ever chopped a snowboard. I think that counts as DIY.
Chop shop is just a term I used in the above post and you are nailing me for it lol.
I'd love to hear a report on how you did it and how you sealed up the cut edge properly.

I would maybe have a go myself.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #47 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

If you live in japan you really need a swallowtail IMO.
I updated the thread detailing the chop job.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...upermodel.html
Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #48 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
what have you tried?

Junk is a bit strong. Maybe not your thing. Each profile has strong points and weak points IMO.
Park Pickle, skate banana, parkstar, and the Horrorscope. The horrorscope was just a sloppy noodle, the parkstar was loose but not as soft, the park pickle and skate banana were stiffer but couldn't handle high speeds. I could see if all you were doing was jibbing they'd be ok, but even for that rev camber isn't necessary, so I wouldn't recommend sacraficing the versatility of camber for it.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #49 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you live in japan you really need a swallowtail IMO.
I updated the thread detailing the chop job.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...upermodel.html
You sir are a craftsman, if you lived near me I would happily pay you to do mine.

Enjoy Hokkaido we are having an insane year. Be safe though. I honestly don't think you should or need to go far from the groomed runs this year. there is more than enough powder without taking big risks.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippy View Post
Of course, it kinda sucks in pow and right now we are swimming in it in japan...
You didn't have to say that Over here on the US east coast we're starving for snow. Getting excited over 3 inches and you over there doing backstrokes through the deep good fluffy stuff.

Excuse me.....I'm going to go cry now
lol
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote