General Board recommendations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default General Board recommendations

Greetings all, long time lurker for searching on most of the snowboarding post's here. But finally time to make an actual post as I would like to step up to another all mountain board with slightly softer flex than my current board to fit my style and one that would properly fit me. Your input is welcomed.

Bio: 5'10" 165-168, boot size 10. 3 seasons in.
Current board: Artec Gabe Taylor 2010-11 155 wide, Flow the 5 bindings. Got both on a steal for $180 brand new w/ warranty back in Nov.
Style: Bombing on mainly groomers 80%. Small kickers, natural "jumps" 20%. Looking to advance to hit more/bigger jumps and jib box rails.

Since we don't have any in-state Georgia mtns to shred on but the closest would be N. Carolina foot hills; most conditions are groomed and some parts a layer of ice on top. But I do fly out to Denver and such. So an all conditional board that could handle every thing is more priority. I do feel my current board is more heavy but with the width (my bare toes and heel touch the ends of each binding points though) did give me tons more balance, stability landing jumps, and keep up with the more seasoned friends on pow days out west then my previous board. Or I've gotten use to it to make it work. So I think either go up a size on board length or get a mid-wide for the next board. Willing to try other bends or mixed bends.

To make board selection a little more specific a local shop actually let's us "lease" a snowboard with fronting half for that current year, then the other half the next year with the 3rd, 4th, 5th years free and free unlimited tuning. If we wanted to buy the board, it would be an extra $50 whenever down the road. I'm more inclined to go this route as I always get buyers remorse on big purchases. The shop currently sells Never Summer, K2, Ride, Flow, Salomon, and of course Burton snowboards.

Currently researching more for the Never Summer SL/Legacy. Thanks in advance.
phoen_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default looking to buy 2006 Flow NXTFS men's bindings

looking to buy 2006 Flow NXTFS men's bindings and a board to go with it. Please contact Snowblossom @ lizbearinc@gmail.com
Snowblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Look! Word of advice,.. Make a post in the wtb section and leave it. Quit diggin' up 3-4-5 year old zombie posts and spamming the same request over and over. You will be in for a real flaming shitstorm if you continue!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What he said...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im pretty sure he's a spammer.... to be sure check his IP...
Old 05-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblossom View Post
looking to buy 2006 Flow NXTFS men's bindings and a board to go with it. Please contact Snowblossom @ lizbearinc@gmail.com
Stop spamming, and stop searching for 10 year old gear.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

To help the TS out and get it back on track, you definitely don't need a wide board.

All of those brands have boards that would suit you just fine. If you want an NS, the SL should fit the bill quite nicely.

And unless I'm badly misunderstanding that "lease" deal, it sounds like a fucking ripoff. The way I'm reading it, you're paying 50% of the board's price up front, then the other 50% a year later, then if at some point you want to buy it outright you still owe them another $50? That can't be right.

Last edited by linvillegorge; 05-14-2014 at 10:49 PM.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoen_x View Post
So I think either go up a size on board length or get a mid-wide for the next board. Willing to try other bends or mixed bends.
The shop currently sells Never Summer, K2, Ride, Flow, Salomon, and of course Burton snowboards.

Currently researching more for the Never Summer SL/Legacy. Thanks in advance.
Based on what you get to ride and what you're trying to do with it I would point you towards the Flow Era. A bit softer than the SL and Proto but stiffer than the Evo with more tech than all three for about $100 less. One of the best most versatile boards I've ridden in recent years. Also it's not technically classified as a mid-wide, but it's a mid-wide.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Looks like the $50 Question is nearly due to get answered?????
Mizu Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote