Ride Lowride vs Burton Chopper - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Lowride vs Burton Chopper

The title really says it all...

I got my 6 year old on a board for the first time this year. We rented a Burton chopper twice and he's done well enough that we'd like to buy him a board. Is there anyone out there with experience using the Ride Lowride kids board?? Is there really any difference from the Burton chopper? I just want to make sure that i make the best decision for my kid.

Thanks,
Brad
goughbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Either board will be good enough for a 6 years old.

But here's my take:

I got my son a Burton Hero Smalls (2011) for his second season. He loves the board but the build quality seems to be lacking, mainly the topsheet. Looks like a 100 days board after about 10 days out. And he takes care of it...

I can't imagine the Chopper being much more quality than the Hero. For this reason alone I'd go with the Ride, can't be worst. It's also easier to find bindings that fit with 4x4 than 3D pattern.
SimonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I teach a LOT of kids and in my experience the chopper is the easiest board for them to learn to ride on. I can't speak to Simon's quality issues...all of the ones i've come into contact with have held up well, even for the kids who are starting to hit boxes. I really like the bevel base...it makes learning so much easier.
hhaidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I bought my daughter the Burton After School Special package which is basically the same board as the Chopper just different graphics. It comes with boots, bindings and a board bag. You can get it in a few different sizes. The thing I like is the boots which have an insole that you can pull out and it jumps the boot up a size, so you can get at least a couple seasons out of it. I also like the fact the graphics on that board are kind of unisex, so I can pass it on to my son in a few years when he gets old enough to start riding.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Thanks

Thanks guys,

I got a screaming deal on a barely used chopper with brand new bindings! $75 for the set, Thanks kijiji! Now to put some miles on it.
goughbradley is offline   Reply With Quote