Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   What's your worst customer service experience? (board/equipment) (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/4628-whats-your-worst-customer-service-experience.html)

squishydonut 03-13-2008 04:35 PM

What's your worst customer service experience? (board/equipment)

just curious for those of you who have had to contact the manufacturer of your gear, any negative experiences?

rome's CS seems to be outstanding... (in a good way, not negative)

Minger 03-13-2008 06:00 PM

This wasn't really a CS call, but I sent Forum an email or two before (or three) and never got a response - they were all about information on my Forum Directional board. Other than that, no experiences.

colortv 03-13-2008 06:33 PM

if i were you i'd talk to all the people who've had problems with tightboards.com apparently they've been getting MEGA-SUPER-ULTRA BAD cs

BiggerThanYours 03-13-2008 07:02 PM

my worst customer service experience was when i went in to brave new world (a surf/snowboard shop near my house) and asked them if they could order me a clear lense for my goggles. The guy told me it was going to cost me 60+ dollars for a lens and that i was better off buying new goggles, and he wasnt exactly polite about it. I went home, went online and the lens ended up costing me 15$ shipped.

colortv 03-13-2008 11:20 PM

well atleast he gave you some good advice? saved you 45+ dollars :D

squishydonut 03-13-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggerThanYours (Post 42693)
my worst customer service experience was when i went in to brave new world (a surf/snowboard shop near my house) and asked them if they could order me a clear lense for my goggles. The guy told me it was going to cost me 60+ dollars for a lens and that i was better off buying new goggles, and he wasnt exactly polite about it. I went home, went online and the lens ended up costing me 15$ shipped.

i've had a similar experience in regards to goggles, and i know that they have the part available-i just ran into a brick wall trying to get it. eh. :dunno:

i just don't see what's so tough 'bout getting a hold of a spare goggle strap.

ecave84 03-14-2008 02:43 PM

defiantly would have to be when i ordered some Ride spi's from moose jaw. The bindings after i ordered them were sold out. So they gave me targas for the same price. They "Overnighted" which took about 4 days the targas. When i got them they were missing the base plates, the screws, the heel strap inserts, and one of the footbeds. Called moosejaw and they sent me the base plates and screws but the wrong foot bed. At this point i was going to send them back but i was going on a trip to Killington and i couldn't wait for my money to be refunded and buy new bindings somewhere else. Finally i got the footbed i needed overnighted to me from Rome at no charge even though it wasn't there problem. :thumbsup:

Phenom 03-14-2008 04:23 PM

No personal experiences, but my girlfriend works at a snowboard shop so I go in all the time and hang out in the basement sometimes, wax my board, the perks are nice lol. Anyway one time I was at the store and these kids came in because one of them ordered a Ride binding strap through a month ago and he was there to pick it up. One of the employees went into the back room looking for it, he came out, said it hasn't been delivered yet and apologized to the customer. The kid was clearly upset about waiting over a month and it still not being there. The employee went on about how Ride sucks and they're a bunch of idiots and they take forever to ship products, then he told the kid he'll give him a call when it's in. The kid leaves, then the employee goes on telling the other employees that no one ever ordered the part from ride in the first place.

What a bunch of bullshitters.

ass bandit 03-14-2008 06:29 PM

Any one want to buy a prayor mat init.

sedition 03-14-2008 07:14 PM

hah. The zumi's rep we had here for awhile (where did he go!?) Now, THAT was bad CS.