Burton Bullet got stolen, looking for a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Bullet got stolen, looking for a new board

Ever since my old board got stolen, i'm looking for a board that is still easy to ride, but will keep up with my new skills. I've been 6 times and will be going at least double next year. I can link turns easily on greens and well on blues. I was looking at the ride lx bindings if that helps. I'm 180lbs, and a size 14 boot, 6'2. I definitely need a wide board. I was looking at brands like burton, never summer, or arbor. I need help, please please and thank you!
Edit: not park by the way

Last edited by djsuto736; 02-02-2012 at 05:11 PM.
djsuto736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've ridden on a Burton Custom and Never Summer SL...Both are awesome boards.....
Old 02-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Okay, thanks I'll look into those! Would it be worth it to just buy a burton bullet again and upgrade the bindings from my ride lx's?
djsuto736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

What did you like about your old board? What didn't you like about your old board? The boards i suggested are a lot stiffer....
Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What is your budget?

you probably want a wide all mountain board, size 157-160, medium flex, with a little bit of set back, and a rocker/camber combination.

K2 Raygun Wide-$320-gets great reviews, nothing wrong with this board, matches your level but will let you grow a bit.
Ride Antic Wide-$400-great all around board, is kind of stiff but that will let you advance quite a bit on this board, it comes with a lot of good features and design elements that make it tough to beat for all mountain riding at this price.
K2 LifelikeWide-$400 similar to the Antic but completely flat camber

Most boards over $400 are much stiffer, these arent
Nversummer Legacy (the wide version of an SL) would be my choice if money isn't an issue.
Possibly the K2 Turbo Dream
Or the burton custom flying v wide

all of these boards are going to be stiff than your bullet. which will suck at first but once as you progress you will appreciate it more.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

I upgraded this year from a bullet to a never summer legacy and love it. I had the bullet last year for my first year, it was a 164 wide and now have the legacy in a 163. The bullet was my learning to ride and now I am progressing on the legacy. If you don't mind spending the money it is a great board with good upgrades and features. If you want to get the bullet again and keep progressing to get to the next level that would be great as well. If you were using the same size bullet and want to get back to that let me know. I have mine from last year that is just sitting in the house.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had the Bullet in 06-07, 164w, now loving a 159w cambered NS Revolver. The Bullet was easy to ride but wasn't all that responsive. I love railing turns on the Revolver, which is something I think everyone goes for the better they learn to ride. As always though, it comes down to YOUR riding style. I don't spend much time in the park, like 5% of my time. I definitely lean towards all mountain freestyle and riding switch is becoming fun so I'm glad I have a twin, but not the case on bigger powd days. Twin + camber + powder = the reason for rocker
snoeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've got a 2010 Bullet Maroon/black for sale. Pm if you're interested.
cobranick03 is offline   Reply With Quote