Dutch girl looking for board-advice
Hi guys and girls,
I am a 29 year old female from the Netherlands, and I'm in need for some help choosing the right snowboard for me. I'm hoping to get some good advice here!
- height: 5"10
- weight: 155 lbs
- size boots: US 9
- experience: about 3 weeks, but I'm a quick learner so they say. Years of skiimg experience.
- location: mainly Austria, but sometimes France, maybe later Italy or Switzerland
- location on the mountain: groomers, but I really like to practise some jumps/butters and stuff on the sides of the groomers. I also like some powder/off-piste, and maybe in the future sometimes a box/rail, but no big air or halfpipe. Basically, I think all mountain, freestyle oriŽntation
- last rental board was a 155cm Salomon Drift rocker, my first rocker-board. The rocker I liked, so I prefer a rocker or maybe hybrid construction. I'd like a board that's not to hard to get started on, but, if it's possible, has some 'room dor improvement'.
Ofcourse I tried to do my homework, but I'm getting lost a little. The boards I'm considering right now are:
- K2 Vavavoom 152 (I have an option for the 2011 model for Ä230,- which is about $280,-)
- K2 Fling
- Gnu B-nice
- Gnu B-street
- Ride Compact (but I think the graphics are pretty dark, I'm not the most girly girl but I do prefer bright colors)
- Ride Promise
- Roxy Ollie Pop
- Roxy Ally
Anyway, if some of you guys/girls are willing to give me some guidance, that would be great. Please keep in mind that some of the brands are not available in the shops here (like Never Summer for example).
Ofcourse, any advice for bindings will also be very much appreciated!