Lib Tech TRS / GNU Riders Choice / NS Proto - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech TRS / GNU Riders Choice / NS Proto

Ok so i am trying to decide between these 3 boards, and i would like some opinions on them. Also, i am definately open to other suggestions. But heres a little about my riding.

I have always ridden a Burton or Rome board and im looking to get into some of this newer stuff. I am an instructor at a mountain in NY and im taking my AASI level 1 exam sometime this season, i would consider myself an intermediate/advanced freerider/freestyle. Im usually on groomers but love to go off trail and into the trees when possible. I go in the park maybe once or twice a day doing some basic jumps and other stuff, but i love hitting natural features throughout the mountain. I want a board that will be able to handle itself in the park if needed, but more importantly rip the natural stuff and groomers. Also i do like boards with some flex, so i feel like the flex on these boards would be ideal.

Im 5'8 and weigh around 157-162 pounds and ive been riding for 5 years now. I can get some great deals on any of these boards cuz i have my sources and i can get NS boards for about half off being part of AASI and a local shop has great deals for instructors.

Like i said before, im open to any suggestions But i am on the ice coast so i feel like Magnetraction is major plus and the NS boards seemed to hold pretty well when i demoed one
Thanks Guys!
Bparmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'll assume you have a 9-10 boot. I've ridden all of the boards you are looking to buy. The GNU RC is a little softer and has a bit more sidecut than the TRS. If you want a playful, quick turning yet smooth ride go with the Proto. If you are aggressive and ride fast all of the time then TRS.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply.
Yea my boot size is 10.5 right now but my next pair of boots will probably be 10, i feel like i have to much room in my boots.

ive got some guys i work with that ride these, so maybe ill be able to test one or two of them out.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Check out the Rossignol One Magtek. Has Magnetraction, hybrid rock/camber, and a medium flex. Has gotten great reviews as an all-mountain do everything board. I might be biased as I am pretty sure I will be picking this board up. Unless you want to share your NS hookup for a little fee? lol

Last edited by Flaus; 02-05-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Flaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Haha i was just about to add that board to the list..i forgot about it. I can test ride anytime i want so ill def check it out. Ive definately decided that i want magnetraction so i think ive narrowed it down to: The TRS, the riders choice and the one magtek. Just gotta decide on which one and what length lol

Ill pick up an NS board end of next season lol
Old 02-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice I'm hoping my new credit card gets here in a couple days so I can pick up the magtek. I'll get cashback so it essentially makes the board $100. Can't beat that.
Flaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

hell yea thats a sweet deal. The shop im going to, to look at these boards is currently selling mervin boards and most other things in the shop for 25% off. ill be stoked with any of these boards
Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

anyone else have any opinions on any of these boards?

TRS, Riders Choice, One Magtek