Did I just make a bad decision? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Did I just make a bad decision?

hey guys.. So I was just at my snowboard shop looking for a new setup.. My budget for the board was about 350 and I noticed that there was a burton hero for exactly that price.. However, the board was a 158, and the people running the shop looked at me like I was crazy to even be considering such a large board. They said I needed a 155. Well the fact of the matter is that I'm only 16 years old and I will probably grow into it. They still thought the idea was preposterous. So given my lack of knowledge, I said ok. They started pulling out other boards. Most of which didn't intruige me nearly as much as the hero. Long story short, I ended up buying a Gnu carbon credit series board. The sales guy had nothing but good to say about the board.. At one point he stated that thr gbu was actually a better board in comparison to the hero. That was the selling point and so I bought the gnu. I started reading reviews on the board I just bought and they are all saying the same thing: BEGINNER BOARD. I certainly do not consider myself a beginner and so I now believe I just got taken for a ride... What do you guys think? A burton hero that is 3cm too big or the gnu I just bought? maybe something different?
Jhucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You have given us ZERO information that would be needed to find out what kind of board you need other than your age. How do you expect anyone to be able to answer it? Your board is 7 potatoes too long for your weight...

Weight?
Riding style?
Smokehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Tell her you won't marry her after all
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yikes! Sorry about that.... I ride all mountain.. Probably 50% park 50% cruising down the mountain.. My height is 5'11" and i weigh around 155-160. So I was thinking 8 potatoes long actually.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You should be perfectly fine. Even though the Carbon Credit is deemed a beginners board, I feel that many people underestimate it for that fact alone. From people that I know who ride it, and from reading about it you should have no problems and will love the board.
Smokehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

The sales guy also suggested a battalion evil twin.. What do you guys think about that? Also.. I think that the hero really pulled me in because it looked so cool. The sales guy also mentioned the hero was prefect for my riding style.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
You should be perfectly fine. Even though the Carbon Credit is deemed a beginners board, I feel that many people underestimate it for that fact alone. From people that I know who ride it, and from reading about it you should have no problems and will love the board.
Okay, we'll I guess another question would be, would I be even better off going back and getting the bigger hero? After all, the hero would only be 2cm larger than the gnu. That doesn't seem like much.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just keep the gnu its a great board
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprider_capita View Post
Just keep the gnu its a great board
Alright.. I'm still just so skeptical about how its so intensely regarded as a beginner board.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Im the same stats as you, and Im going say the 158 would be a bit big for you. I just bought last years 155 K2 darkstar, and was riding a 154 before that. So stay in that range you should be fine.

I also know someone with that gnu board and he loves it.
ODH170 is offline   Reply With Quote