Is it wierd to head up the mountain solo? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
devasta

Default Is it wierd to head up the mountain solo?

I just started boarding this season and had gotten pretty good at freeriding according to what my buds tells me..already doin the black diamonds and some 180 jumps..I really enjoy it so far but one of the factors that annoys me is that I feel I always have to depends whether my buds can go boarding or not so I can head with the group if they can't go than I can't go. I thinking of just drive to a moutain no too far off solo and snowboard by myself but than again it does seems a bit weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devasta View Post
I just started boarding this season and had gotten pretty good at freeriding according to what my buds tells me..already doin the black diamonds and some 180 jumps..I really enjoy it so far but one of the factors that annoys me is that I feel I always have to depends whether my buds can go boarding or not so I can head with the group if they can't go than I can't go. I thinking of just drive to a moutain no too far off solo and snowboard by myself but than again it does seems a bit weird.
i've been considering this as well, since some of my friends flaked a few times in a row.

seems normal 'nuff?
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
FastForward

I've gone riding 5 times this month and I've gone with friends exactly once. I actually prefer it. Nobody to wait on/wait on me. Plus I can just take off and go riding whenever I want. To each his own but I actually prefer riding bymyself. You usually meet some pretty cool people on the lifts this way too. *shrugs*
Old 03-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

discussion in the lounge

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...ing-alone.html
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've given up trying to coordinate getting a group of friends together to go to the mountain. They never want to wake up early, they always bang themselves up going through the park then they want to stay away from the park for the rest of the day, and they never want to stay as long as I do. Plus on saturday mornings when I wake them up and say get ready they always just bail anyway and say "nah I don't feel like going today...nextweekend for sure."

lame
"its ppl like you, that I would "impact damage" your face if i ever saw you
keep your mouth shut. one more time, please and thank you." -user: chingy_
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
N~R~G

why would it be weird? the reason your going is to ride, so go...and ride! you don't need anyone else to ride with you...that's why they have the "singles" line

on that note, sometimes it does help to ride with your friends...especially if they're better than you. it can help you progress by watching them or following their line.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
b_to_the_c

i would have only gotten about 10 days in this year instead of the 30-40 i have gotten if i decided to rely on my friends to go riding with me. everyone is all about going until that alarm goes off at 6 am on a powder day and then everyone's got an excuse. i mean come on, you have all summer to sleep in. i don't mind though, especially when i'm one of the first dozen people to the back side of the mountain for fresh lines and i don't have to wait on anyone when i get back to the lift, i just go up and do it again.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Snowboarding as well as skateboarding is a solo sport.Althou you might go with friends your still doing your own thing, so go for it I've done it bunch of times.Just becareful not to try something crazy and get hurt like I did.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote