Neversummer for a beginner? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
RobK

Thanks everybody for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 12:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
dingozlife

I got a NS SL 158, im 5'8" 185lbs, i got the board after renting for a season before. I totally agree with above that if you're not paying attention and/or beginner, catching an edge occurs easily. I have to say that my learning curve on this board is exponential since I ridden a softer/shorter board afterwards and I was able to control much better than before.

This board definitely well built, stable at fast speeds.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
RobK

thanks for the advice i think i may end up saving the NS for my second board down the line. it seems like everyone agrees it is a little advanced for a beginner. Talked to snowolf and think i may end up going with an Atomic to start my career off with.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobK View Post
thanks for the advice i think i may end up saving the NS for my second board down the line. it seems like everyone agrees it is a little advanced for a beginner. Talked to snowolf and think i may end up going with an Atomic to start my career off with.
What snowolf convinced you to go Atomic? No way? Haha J/K. Good choice. I just got my Atomic Axum in and will be heading to Tahoe to test her out!

Which Atomic board did you go with? Coldsmoke? Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rescue5Rider

Whats Rob. I have been riding for about 6 years now and I have rode on alot of boards all sizes brands blah blah blah

I am a hurge Burton fan! I have 3 boards and the burton indie is new to me this season and its the best board i have ever rode on! smooth at speed and grabs an edge perfect!

I have a friend who i lent the board to to learn on and hes going down intermidate and hes only been 4 times so.

just my 5 cents
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
RobK

I believe i will go with either the cold smoke or the Radon, is what snowolf recommended. It seems that Atomic makes some great boards and everyone that rides'em seems to agree, so i think i will jump on the band wagon. For bindings i am either going to go with Rome targa or 390's (seems like everyone has nothing but good to say) and boots im going to have to make a weekend of it and head to chicago or indianapolis and find a good shop with plenty of different types to try on ( i live in a small hick town).
Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobK View Post
I believe i will go with either the cold smoke or the Radon, is what snowolf recommended. It seems that Atomic makes some great boards and everyone that rides'em seems to agree, so i think i will jump on the band wagon. For bindings i am either going to go with Rome targa or 390's (seems like everyone has nothing but good to say) and boots im going to have to make a weekend of it and head to chicago or indianapolis and find a good shop with plenty of different types to try on ( i live in a small hick town).
Good choices for boards.

In regards to bindings...very good choices. I have ridden both and currently use Targa bindings. They are paired with my Anthem. I'm using Ride Delta's with my Atomic board (that combo is my freestyle combo).

Yes certainly try on as many boots as you can. Also when trying them on, don't just stand and feel or take a couple steps. I recommend walking a good 6-7 feet in each direction so you can get a good feel for any pinch or pressure points. I use the DC balance boots. To me they are extremely comfortable and very light.

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

I would suggest getting boots first and then find bindings that fit the boots well. Not all boots and binding work together and at least you can make sure you get the right size bindings to fit the boots as well....
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
thebutress

people seem to get along very well with the hatchet also. nice lookin board as well.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
RobK

Thanks for all the help! It sure makes choosing equipment a hell of alot easier with all you guys knowledge. Thanks. I will def get the boots before bindings.