GNU 11up or Rome manual? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
JSE

Lightbulb GNU 11up or Rome manual?

I am looking for an all mountain wide all-mountain freestyle board that can do some freeride and a bit of park. I cant decide whether to buy the Rome manual or the GNU 11up. Ive heard some good things about both but i heard that the manual is more Freestyle and the GNU's cover sheet chips easily. Also I heard that GNU boards arn't too reliable. Can anyone sugest which one is best? Also, if anyone can sugest any other good quality all mountain wide freestyle boards that'd be good too.
Thanks.

Last edited by JSE; 03-14-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've got the 2008 11up and I'm pretty happy with it. I ride it for freeride with a little freestyle and I like the way it handles. It's not too stiff, but it handles really well at high speeds. GNU is made by Mervin and I've heard nothing but good things about Mervin products. The topsheet does have a few minor chips after a half season's worth of riding, but that doesn't really bother me...it still looks good. I actaully get a lot of positive comments about the way it looks which suprises me because it doesn't have the typical "sick graphics".

The 11up also has the option of MTX if that interests you. A lot of people swear by it...I haven't tried it.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i havent ridden either of the boards, buut if you are on the east coast i would suggest the 11up with magnetraction. the magnetraction makes a huge differencer on ice and hardpack.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
JSE

Thanks alot for the advise. The 11up seems the best for me with the MTX. I often ride in icy conditions so MTX looks like a really useful piece of tech. Im not too bothered about a few chips here and there, but i know some boards get bad chips real easily. It was useful to know its good at speed.
Thanks again.