To Rocker or not to Rocker? End to my misery! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't think I'll own a board that isn't a hybrid camber anymore, if that helps at all ha.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

HEy, must say thanks again.

I think my final three are:

- Rome Reverb Rocker 161
- Arbor Blacklist 160
- Nitro Team Gullwing 159 or 162 (159 too small?)

I know you cannot make the decision for me but if i really can;t choose shall i just go for least expensive?
Klang180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks Seant, that does help inspire me that hybrid is the way to go!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well my Nitro has gone through hell and has held up great...

Honestly any of those three will be good

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks Nivek, appreciate the final word. I can see now that these boards will be just the ticket and can;t wait to get one of them on the snow. I am leaning towards the Blacklist now as i think the grip tech will give it a little more width where my feet are, mitigating to some degree the fact that waist width is only 261.4. The tip and tail are the same as the reverb anyway pretty much so it can't be any thinner at the feet than that.

It looks like here in the UK the only options available at the moment are:

Rome reverb Rocker 158
Arbor Blacklist 160
Nitro Team 159 or 162.

I think the Reverb will be a tad too thin at that size and the Nitro is just an unknown quantity to me, so it looks like the Blacklist, although the True Rocker puts me off a bit!

Anyway, thanks so much!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Resident poet

Rocker, no rocker, hybrid...maybe its a progression thing. I was riding with a few of instructors today, one who is the senior fs clinic guy at the hill and this topic came up. Everyone started out on old school stiff cambered, spent time on rocker which they agreed did help them to become better riders and that rocker was fine for buttering and jibbing stuff. But it was also limiting and did not work that great in pow and now no longer ride a strickly rockered board. We all are now back to favoring either hybrid camber or full cambered fs with a softer flex and yet being poppy in a twin or directional twin; and every one has their deep poo board with some rise in the nose. However, everyone pretty much agreed that we like the liveliness of having some camber compared to the deadness of rocker.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hey Wrath, thanks for that, it is really useful to hear what a group of riders think especially if they're on the snow a lot and of a good standard, as i imagine instructors should be!

I have only every ridden a cambered board and i love the pop from one edge to the next but i do have to work the Westmark (2007 model) so hard to get the best of it and sometimes i don't want to! It isn't at all playful either.

I am not a jib monkey at all, i do not do presses or rails and don't want to, but i do like ground tricks and i lik kickers. I just wonder therefore if the Blacklist is a little too rocker for me. It says it has "the system" but does that really help with pop, i don't know!

Seems like the reverb or Team Gullwing would be best on your advice therefore as they are a hybrid and not just true rocker!

Thanks again, love this forum.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klang180 View Post
I have only every ridden a cambered board and i love the pop from one edge to the next but i do have to work the Westmark (2007 model) so hard to get the best of it and sometimes i don't want to! It isn't at all playful either.

I am not a jib monkey at all, i do not do presses or rails and don't want to, but i do like ground tricks and i lik kickers.
Hey also got a stiff cambered fr board that I love for charging aggressively, but you got to be ahead of the beast all the time...less you bucked off. However today was riding a c2btx and a fs directional twin camber (both were similar but the directional twin had a bit more pop and the c2btx could turn abit tighter)...wasn't quite as fast or have such a hard pop but was very fun and more relaxed/casual...had tighter turns, poppy and enough charge...like driving a mazda rx7 or honda s2000 instead of a 911 turbo.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hey guys thanks for the additional info.

Seems that a true rocker isn't a preference so what do you make of the Blacklist in that case, either of you ridden it? It seems to be what they deem to be a "true rocker" but then has what they call "the System" which is better in their opinion, is it just a gimmick? I am this close to buying it but now i think the Reverb Rocker or Team Gullwing might be better as they have camber-rocker-camber profiles.

Just when you think you're decided
Old 02-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Whats everyones take on the k2 jib rocker where it's flat and the last 10% on each side of the board is rockered.
gators52 is offline   Reply With Quote