2013 Ride MAchete GT - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tidbit View Post
I was going to save this, but since there is a decent amount of interest in the board I'll post it up now.

2013 Ride Machete GT Overview Video

There are two new tech features in this board that give it a really fun ride. The first is the new Hybrid Lowrize Rocker. The DH2 has had Twin Hybrid on it the past couple of seasons, which is a flat platform from the middle out to the contacts, then a prorize rocker on the nose and then a slight camber infused back into the board. The amount of camber is that of a broken in camber board. For those that can remember back to camber decks, it's like what your board was like after it had 30+ days on it and was broken in. The new Hybrid Lowrize is the same thing, except the nose and tail have lowrize rocker, which is about twice as much rocker. This makes it more playful, looser in the nose on turn initiation and less likely to hangup.

The other new tech is PopWalls. If you've ridden a ride board in the past 4 seasons or so you've probably ridden popstix, poprod or Poprod 1.0/2.0/3.0. Ride has removed the poprods and created a sandwhich slimewall that has layers of carbon fiber. This gives you two big benefits.

1. Wider platform to pop off of. I try to stay flatbased as much as I can, but sometimes when you set up for jumps, especially when you spin you move to your heel or toeside and don't pop off of your entire base and you can lose some pop. Having the Popwall you have a full section of your board to pop off of when you're not flat based and when you are the pop is incredible as it's easy to load and spring with little effort.

2. As you carve the popwalls grab the energy and really accelerate your turns. At first it was a really odd feeling, but with a few slight adjustments it's something that I love. It makes your turns very fast, no matter the radius (short or long). It also really helps you load up before taking off for a spin and if you don't quite make it around it helps you crank it out before you catch an edge and end up on your face.

I think a lot of people that either have been on the DH2 or are considering it are going to like the Machete GT more. It's more playful, the turn initiation is loose but not over the top to the point that it is unstable at high speeds. The blend of camber and lowrize rocker is really fun to play on and you don't get that rocker washout when not landing "bolts" where you have to revert out to save yourself from eating it. The edge to edge response/torsional flex is great, really allows you to lay down turns when you want to.
Any idea what the MSRP will be?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
any opinion on the size?

for all mountain, powder, speed, groomers, kikers... not rails or boxes.

200 pounds and 61

157 or 160? I am torward the 160...

As far as MSRP goes, I'm blanking but I want to say $480 to $500... It's cheaper than the DH2.
Mr_Tidbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

europe is 500 or 520 euros so there should be the same in dolar
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Now I just need to decide between the Blacklist or this board. Fuck, I hate new gear!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Picture I found on my hard drive from SIA that I forgot I took.

Mr_Tidbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

Loving the graphics!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Default 157 or 160?

I'm 5'8" and 220 lbs an have had 4 years of riding experience, I'm wondering if I should get the 157 or 160
Brandonbzr is offline   Reply With Quote