Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   2013 Ride MAchete GT (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/46613-2013-ride-machete-gt.html)

Raines 02-11-2012 03:01 PM

2013 Ride MAchete GT

Any words on this?

Reviews or opinions?

I really like the graphics and i would like to know if it is a good all mountain board:D

thanks

d15 02-11-2012 03:12 PM

Are you kidding me? This board hasn't even come out yet.

NWBoarder 02-11-2012 03:52 PM

@d15 -- Yeah, but SIA has come and gone, as well as the Test Fest that it has, and so has the big Euro one. People have ridden this board, so it's not unheard to be looking for a preview/review of it right now.

BurtonAvenger 02-11-2012 04:16 PM

I can ride it next week if you really want but you won't see my review till this summer.

Raines 02-11-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 481896)
I can ride it next week if you really want but you won't see my review till this summer.

if you can i would thank you :)

And if you can compare it to the NS SL so much better...:)

thanks

P.S. - Why only in the summer ? a

BurtonAvenger 02-11-2012 08:32 PM

Because I can do what I want when I want.

k.anders 02-13-2012 03:04 PM

I rode the machete gt last week at the Stratton on snow demo.
It's pretty awesome.
Here's my take:

157 Ride Machete GT/Rodeo's
This is the best machete yet. Hybrid camber and pop walls, which is new tech, the carbon stringers are in the slimewalls tip to tail. It had so much juice out of a turn and off rollers, the more you would push it the better the machete would perform. It's not exactly a butter machine, but I'm 220 pounds and can damn near press anything this side of an oak door. Hands down the best board i rode all week, suits my needs perfectly. I will defiantly have this one in my quiver next season.
The bindings where a perfect match for the for board. Aluminum baseplates, wedgie footbeds and good straps. Not much else, exactly the way a binding should be.

Disclaimer....I don't work for ride, the board was genuinly that good. I had to write reviews of everything I rode for the owner of my shop. He needed to know we weren't going to the on snow for a 3 day bender...

david_z 02-13-2012 03:09 PM

Leo rode this one last week at Test Fest he can probably give you a quick rundown.

Leo 02-13-2012 06:03 PM

The Machete GT is not for beginners that's for sure. That board was beastly. Super poppy, extra powerful out of turns, superb edge hold, quite damp, very stable, and just all around a tank.

I weigh 180lb and rode the 158 (159?) and could barely press this thing. Definitely not a butter board. Something tells me this is a good pipe board.

For the riding I do, I just pointed and went as fast as I could. I'll call this a Machete on steroids.

Edit: I rode it with Maestros. Would not like the Rodeo on this board. Mid-stiff and above for me when it comes to a board like the Machete GT.

k.anders 02-13-2012 07:17 PM

The rodeos worked for me, the binding choice is subjective though. Maestros would work great too.