Need your help - need a board for fun - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Honeycomb - well, if i won't buy one, for sure i'm gonna try one, but it will be already to late (I want to buy a board before I'll go).
Well, till now I rode burton triumph and the board did just fine on ice. I felt confident on it (except of my boot size).
Before2Day - 157 felt better in my head, but I'm afraid of boot size and my weight also keeps me thinking about 160 (if Arbor would be the choice).
Main problem is that I will not have a chance to fit my bindings and boot before I would buy one (it seems that I would have to take my current board for first trip and order arbor from Germany, France or Italy).
majki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

I really like mine, for an intermediate park rider I think not catching edges is more important than being able to carve at 50mph on ice. I got to demo a couple boards with magnetraction and they did have more edge grip on ice but wern't nearly as forgiving in the park is my landing is off a bit. My hill is usually at least 1/2 ice and the edge hold on my ET is good enough for me to drag my hands carving. If it gets slushy then TBT feels great, kinda like surfing, but if it stays cold enough where you live that it's just solid ice you might be happier with something else, the new edge tech is kinda crazy how much grip it has on ice.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm gonna just start my park adventure and if ET would ease me that - that's great. I don't have to ride like crazy on ice. As far as it keeps me confident on hard with medium speed and on ice let me pass safetly - that's all I need.
In that case ET is back in game, especially that there is no problem with shipment in time and they have wide boards (156W or 159W for me? Probably 159).

I'm afraid that TBT system will make ride on flat harder, as there is opinion, that this board tends to curve. It may be a problem... What are your feelings about it?

This is board discussion, but off the topic - maybe I should change also my bindings/boots? I have drake fifty and Northwave five boots.

Last edited by majki; 02-18-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

Flat basing takes a little more balance, but you can go straight, turn left or right while flat basing, depends which part of the base your riding on. You can also get a bit sloppy with it and not catch an edge, my sister proved that it's still possible though when I let her try it out... The ET has a wide center section, feel isn't much different from a regular board. My fun kink has a narrower center and feels a bit more skatey. For park only you could ride either but the 159 should be more stable for you when bombing down other runs, my boards are 153 and 154.

Last edited by honeycomb; 02-18-2012 at 04:25 AM.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Bamp! Arbor Blacklist is not possible to get in reasonable price (shipment cost is almost as high as board price... XXI century...). Anyway, bataleon ET is winning the race.. but there are no many competitors. So guys - any other ideas?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

Refreshing - still need advice