Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey Jdang,

How does the Coda compare with the SL? Would you pick SL over it?
JVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVee View Post
Hey Jdang,

How does the Coda compare with the SL? Would you pick SL over it?
Heh, I just came in yesterday. With my schedule the way it is, it may be a week or two before I get on it unfortunately. But I'll let you know
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Heh, I just came in yesterday. With my schedule the way it is, it may be a week or two before I get on it unfortunately. But I'll let you know
At the moment the Evo is my "do it all" stick. I really enjoy how playful it is but I'm thinking it's time for a more stable board for high speed. I did a few runs over the weekend at 45+ MPH and the Evo is a little too much of a noddle when you really lay into high speed carves.

Coming from the EVO, would you recommend the SL as a speed slayer? Or would you find it wiser to go to the Heritage since I already have an EVO? I know you don't have a heritage, but I'm curious if you think the SL will handle well enough at speed to be worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I ride an EVO in a 158. I'm thinking of, instead of the Heritage, doing the SL in a larger size. Extra sidecut but still a little more flexible of a board. Anyone have thoughts/comments?

Last edited by Nefarious; 02-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
At the moment the Evo is my "do it all" stick. I really enjoy how playful it is but I'm thinking it's time for a more stable board for high speed. I did a few runs over the weekend at 45+ MPH and the Evo is a little too much of a noddle when you really lay into high speed carves.

Coming from the EVO, would you recommend the SL as a speed slayer? Or would you find it wiser to go to the Heritage since I already have an EVO? I know you don't have a heritage, but I'm curious if you think the SL will handle well enough at speed to be worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I ride an EVO in a 158. I'm thinking of, instead of the Heritage, doing the SL in a larger size. Extra sidecut but still a little more flexible of a board. Anyone have thoughts/comments?
The SL is smoother ride, that's for sure, however, it still gets pushed around if going fast enough. If you are keeping the Evo, step up to the Heritage or something similar. That's just my opinion. The SL is noticeably more damp than the EVO, but if you're going to have a quiver of two, go all the way and cover both ends. The Evo and Sl aren't a bad quiver. The heritage would make a much better one IMO.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
The SL is smoother ride, that's for sure, however, it still gets pushed around if going fast enough. If you are keeping the Evo, step up to the Heritage or something similar. That's just my opinion. The SL is noticeably more damp than the EVO, but if you're going to have a quiver of two, go all the way and cover both ends. The Evo and Sl aren't a bad quiver. The heritage would make a much better one IMO.
Or... just go all the way and get a Raptor!!!

Probably the 159...
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
The BSOD is a great bombing board, but I think the RC'ed Heritage would be more versatile for you.
Haven't ridden the heritage but I get the impression it's a pretty burly board. Maybe not though. The BSOD is pretty damn respectable for bombing! Not necessarily a one board quiver but it's legit. Felt pretty lightweight, nice & poppy, and really good grip on the hardpack with the micro camber, but rocker-y enough in the nose & tail to give you that playful feel. Not a super stiff board, but definitely on the firmer side, damp enough to rip through the crud, too.

Plus, it has a skull on it.
[/QUOTE]
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Heritage is a good all-mountain board for the rider more interested in freeriding. It's pretty stiff, but nothing like the old cambered versions. My '09 Heritage is a plank. My '11 Heritage will be here tomorrow.

I'll have a quiver then consisting of:

'10 NS Evo 158
'11 NS Heritage (RC) 160
'09 NS Heritage (camber) 162
'11 Capita Charlie Slasher 164
Elevation Movement (unknown year) 158 rock board

I may end up selling the '09 Heritage. We'll see.

Last edited by linvillegorge; 02-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The Heritage is a good all-mountain board for the rider more interested in freeriding. It's pretty stiff, but nothing like the old cambered versions. My '09 Heritage is a plank. My '11 Heritage will be here tomorrow.

'10 NS Evo 158
'11 NS Heritage (RC) 160

how much do you weight?
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

'10 NS Evo 158
'11 NS Heritage (RC) 160

Yes, what is your weight and height?

I'm trying to decide if a 165 BSOD would be too long for me.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

5'11", 180