Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

If you're at SF you're going to be recommended the Heritage—if you go over to EL it'll be the BSOD. That being said—

The differences in the board aren't going to be noticed right now, the camber loading on the BSOD and Heritage won't feel too different at your level so it's a largely moot point, a difference you'll see though is the turn initiation on the NS is much easier being a more rockered less stiff board while the BSOD is mostly camber and stiffer.

Going forward however, I've tried both and the difference is in the camber—the Heritage is more squirrely at speed due to the location of the rocker before the bindings and camber after whereas the BSOD is more stable under foot on hardpack/corduroy/while carving since the camber is between the feet. Subsequently, the more pronounced camber, as well as its location, on the BSOD makes it also a better feeling carving board than the Heritage.

A few other differences is the warranty 3yr for the NS, 2yr for the capita. The BSOD is also lighter, the textured base on the NS is a bit more durable and the BSOD is a bit narrower excluding the "death grip."

For reference I used the Heritage 158 and BSOD 159 in varying conditions groomed snow and powder in BC for three days a piece.

Last edited by 2813308004; 03-01-2012 at 12:45 AM.
2813308004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
5'11", 180
Thanks. Looks like I can go for 165 or to be a little more nimble a 162.

195 5'8"
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Thanks. Looks like I can go for 165 or to be a little more nimble a 162.

195 5'8"
I am 15 lbs lighter than you and I ride a 159, you should be good on a 162.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2813308004 View Post
If you're at SF you're going to be recommended the Heritage—if you go over to EL it'll be the BSOD. That being said—."
Why is this? Forum ownership or??!?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you're at SF you're going to be recommended the Heritage—if you go over to EL it'll be the BSOD. That being said—

The differences in the board aren't going to be noticed right now, the camber loading on the BSOD and Heritage won't feel too different at your level so it's a largely moot point, a difference you'll see though is the turn initiation on the NS is much easier being a more rockered less stiff board while the BSOD is mostly camber and stiffer.

Going forward however, I've tried both and the difference is in the camber—the Heritage is more squirrely at speed due to the location of the rocker past the bindings whereas the BSOD is more stable under foot on hardpack/corduroy/while carving since the camber is between the feet. Subsequently, the more pronounced camber, as well as its location, on the BSOD makes it also a better feeling carving board than the Heritage.

A few other differences is the warranty 3yr for the NS, 2yr for the capita. The BSOD is also lighter, the textured base on the NS is a bit more durable and the BSOD is a bit narrower excluding the "death grip."
Thanks so much for sharing your experience on this. This is just what I was looking for. For me, it's a clear simple easy decision based on your info. The BSOD is the board for me.

Thanks again.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:

Going forward however, I've tried both and the difference is in the camber—the Heritage is more squirrely at speed due to the location of the rocker past the bindings whereas the BSOD is more stable under foot on hardpack/corduroy/while carving since the camber is between the feet. Subsequently, the more pronounced camber, as well as its location, on the BSOD makes it also a better feeling carving board than the Heritage.

For reference I used the Heritage 158 and BSOD 159 in varying conditions groomed snow and powder in BC for three days a piece.
First off, thanks for the post. Second, what is EL? (I'm guessing another forum but can't determine the name).

I'm hoping to be able to demo a NS Heritage in a couple weeks. Demo's a Libtech TRS a couple weeks ago and it felt a bit squirelly like one of the posters mentioned. It looks like I may find a place to demo the BSOD as well. Best situation is I get to demo both. If not, I'll have a tough choice to make
darkmoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoone View Post
First off, thanks for the post. Second, what is EL? (I'm guessing another forum but can't determine the name).

I'm hoping to be able to demo a NS Heritage in a couple weeks. Demo's a Libtech TRS a couple weeks ago and it felt a bit squirelly like one of the posters mentioned. It looks like I may find a place to demo the BSOD as well. Best situation is I get to demo both. If not, I'll have a tough choice to make
I didn't reread my post—for the NS Heritage, I meant camber after the bindings and rocker between the feet, that's why the board is a bit more sketchy at speed.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

EL = Easy Loungin. They love all things Burton, and C3 (capita, union).
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've had a couple Heritages, and an older Element, basically the CX. I think the RX version would be a better comparo to these other two. The Capita BSOD has always intrigued me...I'll have to try/get one eventually.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
EL = Easy Loungin. They love all things Burton
how much time do you spend there?
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote