Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idshred View Post
how much time do you spend there?
A lot. Until I found out how much it sucked.

JK, I still spend time there. Not as much here. Here it is a Never Summer love fest. They can't stand NS over there. They hate Flows (check out how they ripped into Wiredsport even though WS was pretty cool about it all).

It is what it is.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've found that when message boards are always pushing one thing or the other there's behind the scenes incentives or motives. Kind of sucks for guys like me who just want some unbiased advice. It is what is though.. knowing about it solves the problem. I always frequent more than one forum when I get into a hobby.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I've found that when message boards are always pushing one thing or the other there's behind the scenes incentives or motives. Kind of sucks for guys like me who just want some unbiased advice. It is what is though.. knowing about it solves the problem. I always frequent more than one forum when I get into a hobby.
Its hype, but not always undeserved.

NS makes great boards, good customer service, good warranty, very good build quality. Whether you find a board that is right for you is different.

Arbor is the same, although maybe not as bullet proof (my topsheet is fine even after banging my coda up, but boy is that base soft!)

It's not incentive or motive, its mob or crowd mentality. You can always sort out the wheat from the chaff if you read enough
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
A lot. Until I found out how much it sucked.

JK, I still spend time there. Not as much here. Here it is a Never Summer love fest. They can't stand NS over there. They hate Flows (check out how they ripped into Wiredsport even though WS was pretty cool about it all).

It is what it is.
ya I was rather bummed about how wired sport got treated. I don't like flows but I am reasonable enough to appreciate that others do. True about no love for never summer... I kinda like it... when I come here I just feel like one of the sheep
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoone View Post
First off, thanks for the post. Second, what is EL? (I'm guessing another forum but can't determine the name).

I'm hoping to be able to demo a NS Heritage in a couple weeks. Demo's a Libtech TRS a couple weeks ago and it felt a bit squirelly like one of the posters mentioned. It looks like I may find a place to demo the BSOD as well. Best situation is I get to demo both. If not, I'll have a tough choice to make

Darkmoone...did you end up solving your quest for a new board? We have similar situations, although I'm more advanced (more years/days on the board but lacking your skiing background).

I'm leaning Cobra over a Jones Mountain Twin and curious what you ended up with....
jchaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaison View Post
Darkmoone...did you end up solving your quest for a new board? We have similar situations, although I'm more advanced (more years/days on the board but lacking your skiing background).

I'm leaning Cobra over a Jones Mountain Twin and curious what you ended up with....
Didn't solve it by the end of the season. I'll be looking at nailing down my board this season. Gives me a chance to try a few more.

If I did go Neversummer I would likely lean towards the Cobra over the Heritage. I'm hoping to get a chance to try them this season.

Capita BSOD is still in my sights.

Libtech has a new traditional camber board this year using C3 technology that I may try as well. I figured why not have fun for awhile on a few before I nail down a longer term solution.
darkmoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #37 (permalink)

Evo has last year's BSOD for $325 right now in the shop (and online).

Also saw that new C3 profile on the Lib, but not sure it is worth it over a traditional camber. Was also looking at the Lib J. Lynn Phoenix and Lando Phoenix (comparable to the Gnu Billy Goat).

Where have you found to demo the NS boards? Baker?
jchaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoone View Post
All right. I've been reading a ton on these forums and elsewhere. I am looking to get myself a board and would love any feedback/input the forum members here have. What I would like to keep in mind is I want a board I'll be excited about 2-3 years down the road when I've got more skill, even if that means it takes some getting used to and is not as comfortable in the shorter term. Ideally I would demo them all, but 1. There aren't local shops that have demos for all of these and 2. I'd love feedback on boards that may not feel ideal now but I can grow into.

About myself:
This is my 1st year snowboarding. Have been skiing for around 20 years and decided to give it a try since my son's doing it and have been hooked . I've been up maybe 4-5 times so far this season so I'm boarding blues fine and will likely be going down blacks by end of season.

Ride style - I'm more of a freeride all-mountain boarder. Groomers, Powder (when its here), some off-piste eventually. I have fun with jumps and such but so far not doing a ton of tricks. May try the part one day but not a top priority of mine. Directional twin may be ideal, but I'm open to true twins or directionals as well.

Physical - I'm 6', 195lbs, with size 10 feet. (Already bought myself some Jackson BOA snowboard boots).

Location - Seattle Area. Mainly good old PNW heavy snow

Boards I've Been Considering:
  • Never Summer Heritage - Snowwolf's reviews are fantastic. Seem's like it could be a great board. Quality seems super. Camber/Rocker/Camber setup seems like it has some good advantages and Snowwolf rides in this neck of the woods. I'm also curious around the Legacy/SL boards if they may be better suited. Tough call.
  • Capita Black Snowboard of Death - Great reviews across the board from what I've seen. The Rocker/Camber/Rocker seems like it may be more suited for my level, but again I want something I'll love in the long run. (That's not to say this setup could't be that)
  • Arbor Element CX - I actually demo'd this board and really liked it. I also demo'd the Rossignol Angus and preferred the Arbor. Only boards to compare with though are the cheap rental Burtons.

If you have one of these boards I'd love your input/feedback based on what I stated above.

I'd also be interested in other suggestions I am maybe not considering. Next time I'm up I'll likely be demo'ing a LibTech TRS so I may throw that into the mix too.

Regards,
Darkmoone
Hello ! I have been snowboarding for 17 winters 80 to100 days every winter riding so many boards , Black snowboard of death ( capita ) 159 for you , will be fun ride and hold the pow and speed , and the flex is fun with in serious stability of speed runs , and the rocker-camber-rocker is the way to go , by now is good for you to ride direcctional flex and shape board so you can dominate the carving powder lines , after some years here jumpin to the twin like or true twins ... for freestyle park ( all mountain park board is what you need now , Not park- all mountain board ) see you out there ...you area is packed with powder snow ! you can fix the stance on your 159 thats it ! it willmake the job ... back all the stance use 56 / 57 cm/ pow, and up till 58 or 59cm stance in to the park , for stability on the trycks and 180's . 18 front and -9 in the back will cover all aroud style .
olas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #39 (permalink)

Lib tech c3 is not so good in powder like the btx c2 , the pivot in the middle and the control btw the feet is another feeling ... this is about taste ! where do you want the control ???is the question ..? Jamie lynn is a good board ! Check a set up with the Union Bindings atlas ! i will High reCapita Bsod and lib techs with the Atlas Union bindings ...
olas38 is offline   Reply With Quote