TRice Pro C2BTX HP thoughts? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default TRice Pro C2BTX HP thoughts?

I'm a very aggressive larger rider (6'3, 240 lbs) and have a great deal of fun on my Custom X.

I've been looking at the TRice Pro C2BTX HP deck as something that might offer some different benefits for my riding style. I've considered the skunk ape bc of the same profile but don't know if I really want to go to 169 or 172.

Can anyone who rides one comment on some of the features / things that you love about the deck? What are some of the negatives?

The Custom X is a great board for non-pow days but it definitely is a lot of work after a foot of fresh. I'd love to stop bringing two boards up with me and just ride one in most conditions I'm faced with at Stevens Pass.

Been making some phone calls and nobody seems to have the 164.5 in HP to demo. Really want the lighter HP model but could settle for the other non-HP version in a demo if I can find it.

Anybody offer any advice?
yojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a 161.5 HP and I love it. I havent ridden a lot of boards, but I learned on a Skate Banana and upgraded to this just recently. I really cant say anything bad about this board other than its a little stiff, but that isnt a bad thing, just depends on your style.

This board flys without any concerns whatsoever. It pops very well and feels pretty light.
kdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They make smaller skunk apes.

TRice is a great board but I have two concerns for you:
1. Are your feet too big for the waist width? What size boots?
2. At 240, the 164 TRice might not be super floaty in the powder if that's what you are looking for. Although it will be better than the Custom X if its an older camber board.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Size 13 shoe...I'm a wide board guy.

My 2012 Custom X is a 26.2 just like the T Rice and the waist width is a great match for my stance.

I'm not looking for a powder specific deck but rather another aggressive all-mountain deck that will do *better* in pow than my Custom X for the occasional deeper stashes of 18+in in the sidecountry / stashes around Stevens.

I don't want the super wide waist of a skunk or the length because of my interest in steep terrain / chutes / trees.

I'm trying to understand if the T Rice rides "longer" due to the C2BTX. From what I've heard, it does.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojik View Post
I'm trying to understand if the T Rice rides "longer" due to the C2BTX. From what I've heard, it does.
I'd say yes. I'm 6'4'' 210 and my 161.5 TRice performs much better in the powder than my old 167 camber deck with a wider waist (GNU 11-up).

Since you know the waist will work for you, it sounds like the 164.5 will be perfect for what you are looking for. Agressive, responsive and a little bit better powder float....you'll love it!
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

I wear size 12 on my TRice, you shouldnt have an issue with size 13 with shrink tech boots like I have. TRice is a mid wide board.
kdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks everyone.

Is the difference between the HP and the non-HP worth the additional $150? I've read a review that the HP is flatter (less pronounced camber/rocker) and slightly stiffer.

I'm not concerned about the topsheet or base graphic with those special eco friendly beans.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojik View Post
Thanks everyone.

Is the difference between the HP and the non-HP worth the additional $150? I've read a review that the HP is flatter (less pronounced camber/rocker) and slightly stiffer.

I'm not concerned about the topsheet or base graphic with those special eco friendly beans.
There are a couple threads about this on those very forums *cough* search *cough*

From what I was able to gather, the HP is:

a little lighter
damper (not sure how much)
more eco friendly
$160 more expensive
Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry :/ I've searched everywhere I could for info and I was able to come away with 3 out of the 4 things you mentioned.

Since the info is kind of dated, I was hoping someone who has ridden one all season could chime in if they see this since those old reviews don't get refreshed all that often.

I'm a resourceful guy and don't shoot from the hip...Was just curious about any new thoughts on both.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Everyone I've talked to on the Rice loves it. It charges hard.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote