Steepy windy terrain riders what do you use? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
SEREcustom

Default Steepy windy terrain riders what do you use?

I spend almost my entire days in the serious terrain (off trail / double black glades. For people that ride the same, what are your setups?

I have a couple:
T6 and C60 bindings
Supermodel X with C60 bindings
Burton Custom and Cartels

Anyone who's got a T6 knows its the shiz but I cringe when going over rocks and trees... Rumor has it they don't hold up well.

Anyone know of anything close to T6 performance that's a little more durable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Neversummer Titan, Unity Dominion are going to be leaps and bounds above the T6 in performance for the terrain you are talking about. Of course you better know how to ride that type of board or it's going to ride you.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Punkmouse

i <3 my atomic polarity for the steep and deeps! nice and stiff just how i like em .... hahahhahahaha oh man i crack my self up!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I ride similar terrain and use a salomon strobe...does just fine so far...
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Neversummer Titan, Unity Dominion are going to be leaps and bounds above the T6 in performance for the terrain you are talking about. Of course you better know how to ride that type of board or it's going to ride you.

Killclimbz for the win!

But seriously, a Neversummer Premier T5, or the Neversummer Titan would be perfect. Size up a few cm from your typical all mountain board length. I would get some Rome Targa bindings, but that's just because i have a love affair with Rome bindings. Unions are sick, Rides are too. Burton also makes some nice bindings, but I find them a little overpriced compared to what you can get from the others.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm all about the steeps and I go for the stiffest boards that I can get.

My T6 is two seasons old and has no issues what so ever. It was that mack in Jackson Hole but it also rules east coast ice. Supermodel X or Custom X are the bomb digitity too. I rode Supermodels for years and I have a couple 181's still in the plastic. (To be past over to my son one day)

I also have two Rome Anthem 166's. One was made too stiff (too much fiber-glass) and that one is insane and it's only used on days where the hill is empty, or just for the first hour. Also a bomb proof board that never lets you down.

I've been using 390's since leaving the Burton SI program. I couldn't be happier. The C60 or Rome Targa's would be just as nice. Union Bindings look awesome too. They are one of the few companies that have a lifetime warranty on their baseplates. My Homie Pete swears by them. Here he is this last weekend on another favorite. Capita's Black Death Speed Tribe with Union Data bindings. Pete is 6' out of a 20' quarter. He rode without a sign of weakness...

I on the other hand am suffering from a back leg that feels like the meat was ripped off the bone! So many G's on the compression of that pipe.

Last edited by Suburban Blend; 03-17-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Suburban Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I use a Prior MFR 165 Quad Glass with Rome Targa bindings. The Ride is awesome, super damp yet ultra responsive. However, the base is too thin and soft, and will gouge if you go near a rock. It is also starting to delam in the center of the base, and Prior insists that it is an "Insert Placement Guide" that shows up on some of their baords, and will not warranty it. This was my first and last Prior snowboard. They do not stand behind their products.

Before this I rode a Salomon Fastback 160 w/Salomon SP4 bindings for years, and hit many rocks/stumps etc. Not a single one got through the base. However, the ride was a bit weird, hard to describe. It was tougher to turn than the 165 I am riding now, even though it was super stable at speed.

Once the Prior is done, which wil be soon at the rate it is deteriorating, I'll be looking at a Never Summer, Salomon Burner, Venture, or something from Mervin if they decide to make a good freeride board.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

Cartels and Vans Cirro on a Nitro Shogun 66 plank

ripper!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Metalhead505

I like off trail riding but like you I dont want to mess up my base, so I decided to buy a good stiff board that is cheap so I dont worry about messing it up.