Help with park board setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help with park board setup

hey guys
I currently ride GNU Rider's choice from 5 years ago (magne trx with classic camber before banana) and the board cracked in nose a while ago. I want to buy a new board. I am strictly park oriented, never ride powder or big mountain, love pressing on ground and hitting medium size kicker, and some jibbing. I am 5'7'' and 140lb with boot size 8. I ride in New York, New Jersey, Pensylvania area mostly. I am looking for a board very flexible for buttering around yet stable for big jumps.

I've done some searching (here, good wood, other reward sites) and I am considering

K2 Happy hour
GNU Park Pickle
Neversummer evo or proto

But NS are hard to find and expensive. that leaves me with happy hour and park pickle. some questions regarding these boards:
1. which is lighter?
2. does flat profile make the board more prone to catching an edge off spin, jibbing or pressing?
3. Which board is easier to press?
4. I read some people call Happy Hour "a twin powder" board. I don't understand why. It is designed and listed as "park" board by K2 and Good Wood test crews. Can someone explain?

It seems both boards are loved by many people, but my RC splitting and delaminating plus other people having similar durability issue with Mervin, I am more inclined for happy hour at this moment. I don't care much about magne traction. I just wanna get more fun, more durable board.

I would appreciate comments from anyone with experience of above boards. Pleaes give me some insight.

Last edited by yoon3606; 02-27-2012 at 12:15 AM.
yoon3606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You don't seem satisfied with Mervin, so knock out the Pickle. The Evo works. The Happy Hour is a smooth consistent just past medium flex twin. It's hard to explain why it really shines as a pow twin. It is basically a Believer with stabby tips, and the Believer was this pow twin too.

Have you seen anything on the Signal Rocker Light? 2012 Signal Park Rocker Lite Used and Reviewed The Angry Snowboarder

I really think its what you're looking for.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote