Buying a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying a new board

I'm looking at picking up a new board and my local board shop said they'd give me 90 days to pay and 40% off but I have to pick from their remaining inventory. So I'm looking for some input on boards they have. Currently I ride a Palmer Classic which I've had for like 5 years, yeah time for something new...

They've got a Palmer P-line or Pulse, Forum Destroyer, and Burton Custom and Custom X that I was lookin at. So what do you guys think, should I pick up one of these boards since I can get a smokin deal?

I generally ride freestyle hitting little jumps and such but this year I've been moving into the park a little.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It really depends on your skill level and what you are looking for in a board. Also, do you know what size you need? Are the size options limited as well? I don't know anything about the Palmer or Forum, but the two Custom boards are a little more freeride, so if you want something more park oriented you may want to look elswhere. But if you want an allround board, the custom is a solid board if they have the right size.

Also, 40% off is a good deal, but you can find 40-50% deals on many websites right now and you will probably have a wider selection. You won't get 90 days to pay though. Check out sierrasnowboards.com. They have a ton of boards at 50%.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
mitchamus

burton custom is really a great board even for a burton. not to pumped on the graphics tho on the custom this year.
WM just had them for 215.00 the other day.