Foot Fatigue - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
A Rod Vt

Default Foot Fatigue

Maybe I have arthritis or somthing but for some reason I cant seem to get away from my feet aching like mad. I just recently changed to a new binding I went from an old ride binding to a brand new ride binding. I got the rx's which have the convertable toe strap so you can use it as a toe cap or a strap and at first I didnt feel any pain but now I 'm back to square one. Except that the pain is in a different place. Instead of the pain being in my toes now it is on the top of my foot. I tend to crank the crap out of my bindings so I wonder if this has any thing to do with it. Maybe someone has some input on this. Iknow quit being a whine ass,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My first guess would be that your boot may not fit properly. If you think your boots fits properly, your feet may just not like the really tight bindings...not much you can do when you crank down real tight. I'm not familiar with your bindings so I'm not sure how padded the ankle strap is.

My feet used to hurt pretty bad after a few hours, but after switching to Rome 390 bindings, they feel great. The toe cap is awsome and the ankle strap can barely be felt even when I tighten them as much as possible.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
mitchamus

is it just your front foot or both?
do you loosen your front strap before you get back on the chair lift.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
A Rod Vt

It is my front foot, and yes I do always loosen my ankle binding when getting back on the chair for the ride back to the top. Also the bindings are very well padded on the ankle strap. Hope this helps, I really appreciate the responses you guys, Thanx alot. Aaron
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
mitchamus

Maybe you lace your boots up to tight or just to tight in a certain area?
i loosen the toe and ankle strap when getting on the lift. (really loose)
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seedy J

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rod Vt View Post
I tend to crank the crap out of my bindings...
This could be it too. Last time I went out, I cranked my bindings down way too much for one run. It didn't make much of a difference (if any) in how the board handled, and my feet hurt for a few days. Maybe try tightening the binding straps (especially the toe strap) one or two clicks less than usual?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
redneckrider

this happens to me when i let me old board dangle from my front foot when on the chairlift maybe try supporting your board on the lift idk just an idea
Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

My Ride SPi's will make my feet tingle if I tighten them too much, only hurts on the chairlift but while riding it's fine. I'd tighten them less they don't take much as Ride bindings are quite responsive. I also have a new pair of boots that don't seem to want to break in which doesn't help I also use that toe strap as low on my boot as I can without it slipping off, which may or may not help, but it snugs my boot back in there nicely. A strong forward lean on those bindings will also cause a decent little "pinch" in my experience.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 03-18-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
dingozlife

yeah i think u cranked your toe strap too much, had a buddy which had same problem b/c he really cranked the toes strap tight.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
A Rod Vt

Thanx for all the feed back everyone, Fortunatly I get to ride at least 3 times a week and tommorow happens to be one of those days so I think I will try to go a little looser on the bindings first and then go from there. I believe my boot fits right, however I may just be over tightening them I will also give that a shot. I will have a full report on my findings on friday. Thanx again,,,,,....
Aaron