Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Skate Banana / Flow Verve / Other Park Board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/47294-skate-banana-flow-verve-other-park.html)

PA n8 02-29-2012 01:57 PM

Skate Banana / Flow Verve / Other Park Board

Stats
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165
Boot Size: 32 Lashed size 10

So after spending some time in the park this season I would like to get a more park centric board than my GNU Carbon Credit. I really like the CC so I'll keep it for doing all mountain and if I'm only doing a little park. With sales going on right now I am having a hard time convincing myself not to buy a new park board. I'm going to hold off on bindings and most likely get next years Flows with the NASTY setup for a discount at the beginning of the season.

Right now I am looking at:
Lib Tech Skate Banana for around $310 (40% off)
Flow Verve for around $240 (30% off) might be able to get it for even cheaper since I worked the shop
Blank Rocker 151

The place that has the 40% off is a local shop. The other boards they have are here. The prices online are not the same as they are in store.

I am open to other suggestions but would like to keep them less than $320 and would prefer rocker. I would also like it to not suck on the rest of the mountain in case I decided to wonder away from the park for a few runs.

The CC I currently have is a 156 and was wondering if a 152 or 154 would be better for the park board.

RJRJRJ 02-29-2012 02:53 PM

Ive got a SB and my friend has a CC. I think they are very similar in shape/flex/btx so im not sure that swapping one for the other will be a very big difference.

Ive got Lashed boots too...pretty sweet.

PA n8 02-29-2012 08:27 PM

Thanks, I wasn't sure how similar they were.

Nivek 02-29-2012 08:46 PM

Either the Verve or from the website the Salomon Drift Rocker are your two best options.

Banana is marginally "better" than your CC. It will basically feel the same to you.

ThunderChunky 02-29-2012 09:01 PM

Verve is good, but it's a little on the jib side. Doesn't mean it isn't right for you though.

Nivek 02-29-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderChunky (Post 490366)
Verve is good, but it's a little on the jib side. Doesn't mean it isn't right for you though.

The newest installment is less though than previous years. It's a really solid do everything park now.

PA n8 03-01-2012 02:29 PM

Thanks guys.

The Drift is a 154 and I think the Verve is a 152.

I'm kind of thinking the Verve since it is a 152 compared to the Drift only being 2cm smaller than my CC.
I think I remember reading the Angry Snowboarder review where the Verve got high praise for being a good balance of jumping and jibbing along with being usable on the rest of the mountain. I think that in the Agnarchy Drift review they weren't really impressed with the board.

Guess I need to contact my old boss about the Verve and see what price he can give me.

Nivek 03-01-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA n8 (Post 490633)
Thanks guys.

The Drift is a 154 and I think the Verve is a 152.

I'm kind of thinking the Verve since it is a 152 compared to the Drift only being 2cm smaller than my CC.
I think I remember reading the Angry Snowboarder review where the Verve got high praise for being a good balance of jumping and jibbing along with being usable on the rest of the mountain. I think that in the Agnarchy Drift review they weren't really impressed with the board.

Guess I need to contact my old boss about the Verve and see what price he can give me.

Angry has a review of the Drift Rocker too. Just as fun.

ThunderChunky 03-01-2012 10:48 PM

I just know from last years. My friend has it and it's light as hell, especially with the Flow bindings on it. What's the profile on it. IS it still as rockered as last year and what's the sidecut like. :laugh: Sorry I know I'm just wondering cause the board is really sweet and thinking about maybe one for next year.