Rome 390 - Heel Cup Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Rome 390 - Heel Cup Question

After using my new 390s for I while I started noticing that when I tighten the cap strap really tight (can't even feel it on my toes), I can actually feel the heel of my boot pressing into the heel cup. It actually creates two little pressure points on each side of my heel.

I am pretty sure it is due to the way my boot fits the bindings and how soft the back of my boot is. My next snowboarding purchase will be boots so I will definately consider this when choosing a boot.

It doesn't really bother me much at all, but I was wondering if anyone else has felt this.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default 200 lb rider

I have nothing but love for the ROME Snowboards 390 Binding

I looked at my Burton ION boots and after two seasons in the 390's there are only two small scuffs from binding wear. I now rock the FORUM Kicker SLR Boot in the same binding with joy. Both are stiff boots

PS I don't use the cap strap, I have it go over the top of my boot like normal straps.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Blend View Post
I have nothing but love for the ROME Snowboards 390 Binding

I looked at my Burton ION boots and after two seasons in the 390's there are only two small scuffs from binding wear. I now rock the FORUM Kicker SLR Boot in the same binding with joy. Both are stiff boots

PS I don't use the cap strap, I have it go over the top of my boot like normal straps.
The cap is the only thing causing the preassure on the boot. It only does it when I really tighten the cap strap which pushes the boot into the binding nice and snug. I like the responsivness when I set it this way, but the preassure points are slightly concerning.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

sounds like you are overtightening your bindings. Maybe you should get the targas instead if you want a more responsive binding
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the 07/08 Burton ions, have used the toe cap but recently discovered I prefer the toe strap. No heel pressure points noticed after about 13+ days of riding.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I love the 390`s and I have not experienced this problem. You may be tightening these down tighter than you need to. Also, stiffer boots will eliminate this I think. Do you have the heel cup adjusted for your size as well?
Not sure what you are reffering to. Are just talking about adjusting the heel cup forward or back to center my boot on the board? I'm not sure if this would change anything because the heel of my boot will always be pushed back into the heel cup, regardless of how it's adjusted.

If you are talking about another way to adjust the heel cup, I'd love to know. Are maybe I just don't understand how it would help...let me know if i'm missing something.

Thanks!