Need advice on size for T. Rice Pro - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need advice on size for T. Rice Pro

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster or poser you can pick. Forgive me in advance for the long post. It is time for a new board and need help on which size. Stats- 32 male 6'0 215 pounds, third year riding consider myself middle of the road intermediate. Love to ride aggresive, charge hard, def not into cruising. Just getting into larger jumps at least for me in the 20 to 40 ft range, not hitting rails yet. Current board is Rossi Angus midwide 158.

I have my board narrowed down to the Lib Tech T Rice Pro model. But need your help on what size. I ride in Ohio, small hill, ice pack and groomed most of the time. I have and will be taking some trips out west but 90 percent ride in Ohio. I am debating btw the T Rice 157 or the 161. Just not sure if I would like the 161, maybe its all mental with the longer length. Only board other then rentals I have ridden is my 158. So should I get the 157 and be able to play around with it more in Ohio or get the 161 which might be better suited for my size. Also boot size is 10.5 should I go normal width or mid wide again. Any advice is appreciated.
IAFFbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

I'm 5'7" and weigh 175 lb or so and ride a 159 for hard charging, jumps, ice, etc. I was worried when I moved up from a 153 to a 159 but it only took a couple laps to get used to it. Now I can't believe I ever rode a shorter board.

It does take a little more work to muscle it through tight glades, but the payoff while carving is worth it. I debated about buying a 163 to replace mine this year. I love my 159 but it was damaged when I moved...

What does lib tech say on their site? If they have a weight range for a board, I always try to pick a board that puts me as close to the middle of the weight range as possible.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply poutanen, Lib's size chart is a little confusing to me. All I could find was the bottom recommended weight ranges which I think is btw 130 and 140 for both size boards. But there is no top range at least that I coudl find.
IAFFbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
duh

I am around 200 pounds and have spent a lot of time on both of those sizes. I love them both and ride the 57 for days when I want to goof around in the park. I ride the 61 the days I want to let all hell break loose. The 61 wants to go fast, but it's very stable at speed so that works out great. You're probably better off going with the 61 at your size, plus the extra bit of width will be perfect for your size 10.5 boot.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote