Burton Nug—where's the f***'n consensus? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Nug—where's the f***'n consensus?

So, I've heard this is a jib board and not a jib board, a park board and not one, fast and stable and floppy and sketchy, good float in powder and too small to float at all. What the fuck is up with this board, I want one, can't demo it and I would like someone to verify what's the deal with the damn thing.

A few questions:

Does it wash out on landings from big jumps?
Is it good straight lining without being chattery?
Does the frostbite help at all with edge hold?
Is it a good cruising board or do you need to be "on top of it" at all times?
Can it handle all mountain shit?
Do the elongated contact points remedy the shorter length?
Has anyone tried the directional nug, how does it compare to the regular one?
How does it compare to other boards? More similar to a park board/jib/freeride?
2813308004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

The nug Is a novelty board. It's fun and can ride all mountain but def better for freestyle. Don't get it as your only board but a good addition to any quiver.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Does it wash out on landings from big jumps? -> I don't know about big jumps but it seems just as stable as a med-soft park board.

Is it good straight lining without being chattery? -> Pretty much like any other rocker board I've ridden, maybe a tiny bit more chattery.

Does the frostbite help at all with edge hold? -> No, because Frostbite hasn't worked for me on any Burton board.

Is it a good cruising board or do you need to be "on top of it" at all times? -> Really easy to cruise. Have to admit though that I haven't taken it out in gnarly conditions.

Can it handle all mountain shit? -> Yes, depending on what you do. Probably wouldn't take it to Alaska. In my opinion it didn't perform worse than any other board.

Do the elongated contact points remedy the shorter length? -> Definitely. I ride a 146 (usually 155) and I can't feel the shorter edge.

Has anyone tried the directional nug, how does it compare to the regular one? -> No clue.

How does it compare to other boards? More similar to a park board/jib/freeride? -> Well, it's a med-soft board so there are limitiations to the freeriding part. Obviously it spins like crazy and buttering/jibbing is easy on it. But I found it more versatile than a pure park board.

I'd agree with the poster above. If I had only one board, it probably wouldn't be the NUG. On the other hand, I wouldn't judge anyone if he chose it as his one and only. In my opinion it's more than a novelty board. Rather a board that tends to be underrated for its size.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I've got a few other boards but I'm looking at it as a quiver board not a one board quiver. I'm trying to determine whether I want a directional or twin nug.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

If it's in your quiver then ask yourself am I going to pull it out for more freestyle or more freeriding. If you want to play more on it go twin. If it's more freeride go directional. If your looking to truly progress in the park then go with a Burton process or never summer Evo.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMotion View Post
If it's in your quiver then ask yourself am I going to pull it out for more freestyle or more freeriding. If you want to play more on it go twin. If it's more freeride go directional. If your looking to truly progress in the park then go with a Burton process or never summer Evo.
What I'm asking is about this board particularly—I know those boards and have ridden both. I don't need any info about other boards unless it's a comparative analysis of the nug and another board. What I'm looking for is a definitive answer on where it fits in the continuum of snowboards. I want a light board that I can pull out on any day for some fun cruising, maybe some small hits in the park or trail, maybe some tree riding, etc.