Park Board Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Park Board Help

Hey I'm 14 and right now I ride a sims quest 157 with some sims cypher bindings that I got 2 years ago from sports authority and it has only been satisfactory for me. I live a mile away from a small ski hill that used to be a landfill and has 4 small jumps and is the only place I can go. I've just started to do some spins and the best I can get is a 450. I'm looking for a good park board that is light and flexible just for doing spins easily. This is for next year, but I want to buy this year's model for the smaller price next year. I'm leaning towards a Rome or Capita board. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I wear a size 10 dc boot with the boa and I'm 5' 11" and 120 pounds right now and I think I'm done growing.
TheKoolNinjaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Capita horrorscope if you are thinking about hitting rails, otherwise a indoor survival would be a good do it all board. For Rome I would look at the garage rocker or agent rocker
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

There are no rails here unlike Granite Peak like it says your location is I took a trip there a few weeks ago and that is 1 million times better than where I go. Which has the most pop to get off the little jumps and to still spin fast in the air?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Make sure you buy a board for more then what your doing now so as you get better you won't regret your purchase. Capita indoor survival will be a lot of fun for everything to-do on a snowboard but still rock out in the park. To speed up our spins I would definitely drop down in board size. I'm 6'1 230lbs and I ride a 157 never summer evo (another sick park board you should check out). Your prob not done growing men grow till about 18 so try to get something just under your chin like 152 or close to that. This will make it lighter and quicker to snap into those spins.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Do you want something that can butter good too? If not I would actually suggest the k2 happy hour because it has what they call an ollie bar in it and I have never rode anything with as much pop as it but it sucks for buttering because the tips are a fucked up shape but it is insanely fun to carve and jump with and I would suggest a board in the upper 140cm range because you are so light
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm not doing too much buttering because my board isn't flexible enough to but I'm gonna try it next year
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKoolNinjaGuy View Post
I'm not doing too much buttering because my board isn't flexible enough to but I'm gonna try it next year
Well The indoor survival is the perfect board for you right now it seems, but how much do you think you are going to weigh in the next couple of years? Because 120lbs seems awfully light for someone who is 5'11"
Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm a runner with a really high metabolism and I've always been light but my guess is 20 pounds at the most in the next 3 years. What size do you think would be the best for me?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

what ever comes up to about an inch below your chin or to your chin to leave a little grow room.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

My guess would be a 151 but if you can try testing boards out in the store first you or at least size it up and flex it with your hands you can get an idea of what you want