2013 Ride Snowboard Product Videos - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Ride Snowboard Product Videos

Hey Everyone,

So that time of year has come around where I can start leaking and talking about next year's Ride products. I spent 3 days at SIA this year filming videos for everything. We got all of the Men's boards, bindings & boots and some select pieces of outerwear. Ladies,we didn't forget you... we filmed all of the ladies Boards, bindings and a boot that many of you are really going to be interested in.

In all I have 46 videos that I will be uploading to my YouTube Channel. Below you will find links to the first 5, I will be gradually uploading a few new videos every few days or so. So if you are interested and want to be alerted when there are new 2013 videos on the channel, please subscribe and YouTube will send you alerts to let you know when new videos are up.

The first 5 videos are;

Buckwild Snowboard - If you've been watching the Dew Tour or X-Games this is what Seb Touts and Matt Ladley hav been riding.

Baretta Snowboard - New wmn's board for 2013

Capo Binding

Agenda Snowboard

Capital Down Jacket

Mr_Tidbit's YouTube Channel

Thanks and if you have questions post them up and I'll be happy to answer them.
Mr_Tidbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
d15

I probably know the answer already, but is it true that they're removing the Pop Rods from the wood of the Highlife UL next year?

I know they're going to upgrade it to a new Blunt shape and add new Pop Walls to them.

Also, what in the world is the Silencer technology? Are they more strands of carbon from tip to tail? Or something?
d15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I will be posting the Highlife UL video soon, but...

Yes, they are removing the PopRod 3.0 from the Highlife for 2013, but they're replacing it with the new PopWalls in the tail. The nose will only have the linear carbon and carbon array in it. Popwalls are slimewalls with carbon fiber sandwiched in between the urethane.

It does have a new shape to the nose and tail, but it isn't a blunt shape. Blunt shapes actually don't float that well in powder. The nose has been enlongated and rounded off a bit differently than you typically see. When I post the video and you see it, you'll get it.

Silencers are a dampening material that is placed along side the carbon fiber. The idea is that carbon fiber itself generates a ton of vibration and can lead to a chatter feeling under foot. So Ride developed the silencers and UL Stringers to smooth out that vibration as you want it in the nose and tail for pop & response. But you don't want it to create a chatter feeling, so the silencers smooth it out without killing the effect you want it to create.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
d15

So my question is, what are the Silencer's made out of? It seems Ride is pretty vague on that.
d15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

so quick question then, how much different is the 13 highlife to last years? does it have more pop, less pop, stiffer etc etc ohh also is it the same camber profile? cheers and also same questions with the berzerker, cheers mate
Old 03-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

As far as what silencers are made of... I do not know, that is something that they've kept to themselves since they first came out and were refereed to as NRConduit.

The Highlife is very different, New shape to the nose and tail, the nose is softer, there is more pop in the tail with the popwalls now, The Hybrid All-Mtn Rocker is the same, the UL Stringers were dialed down a notch to make it a bit more lively and it carves more like the Berzerker does. Since there is some interest in that board I'll make it one of the next videos I upload to my channel.

The Berzerker is unchanged for 2013, just a new graphic.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, i guess the reason i am asking is i have been waiting to get the 2012 highlife or berzerker (seeing as its not winter in AUS) and the 2013s drop here in a month, so i guess ill figure out which one suits me better.

Im a big guy and want a poppy cambered style board to tear up groomers and natural features etc, I've been told the highlife may be more of a big mountain powder board so i guess I'm a bit confused on which one would suit my needs more.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

A little surprised to see Mr. Tidbits posting here. Welcome.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, i guess the reason i am asking is i have been waiting to get the 2012 highlife or berzerker (seeing as its not winter in AUS) and the 2013s drop here in a month, so i guess ill figure out which one suits me better.

Im a big guy and want a poppy cambered style board to tear up groomers and natural features etc, I've been told the highlife may be more of a big mountain powder board so i guess I'm a bit confused on which one would suit my needs more.
Not to lure you away from this message board, but I have done full write ups on the 11/12 Highlife & Berzerker on Ride's message board.

11/12 Berzerker Review

11/12 Highlife UL Review

Not only do I have my review there, but I've answered a number of questions for people helping them decide which one is better for them. After the response I got in those threads, I actually made a 12/13 Highlife vs. 12/13 Berzerker Video that I'll be uploading soon as well. Check out those threads and let me know if you have questions that aren't answered.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

no worries, cheers