Final question. Never summer time. Final decision - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Ah, now that's confused me a bit more.
I think I'll be 90% groomer free ride with like 10% park and pow.
Wanna get it right and I can't demo anywhere near here.
200lbs and 6' seems quite high for a 155?
Maybe I should go 155 then. Now getting white too
Decade190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned!

Just remeber 3cm is barely an inch. Don't be scairt

Go with whatever you are used to riding. I'd go shorter too but I'm not tall and pick boards on the shorter side. I weigh 180 but my blunted 154 proto rides like a 57-59 with the drawn out rails.

200lbs is a bit big for a 55 only because that's the size I ride and I think I push the limit a little bit on weight/length. The 55 would be more of a park only board at 200lbs I'd say.

Its still only an inch.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just throwing it out there

I have a NS Heritage-X 158W
I'm 6'1 205lbs
Burton Driver-x size 12

I stepped down from a 162w Burton Custom
neutralmlkhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

My pick would be the white 158 SL with green cartels.

Im 185lbs and love ripping up my 161 SL.
RaID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Just remeber 3cm is barely an inch. Don't be scairt

Go with whatever you are used to riding. I'd go shorter too but I'm not tall and pick boards on the shorter side. I weigh 180 but my blunted 154 proto rides like a 57-59 with the drawn out rails.

200lbs is a bit big for a 55 only because that's the size I ride and I think I push the limit a little bit on weight/length. The 55 would be more of a park only board at 200lbs I'd say.

Its still only an inch.
yes, i know im slightly pushing the limits with my size, but ive always preferred shorter boards, in wakeboarding too...and yes i ride mostly park but can bomb/carve/shred with the best of them on my shorter boards with zero issues, and FWIW, my 155 is a 2012 Revolver, so it also has the blunted tips making it ride longer...my 2011 Revolver is a 156 as well as my 2011 Ride Kink...i rode my buddies 160 Nitro last season, and couldnt wait to get to the bottom to unstrap the helicopter blade/tank that was strapped to my feet

but again, for OP, personally, had no issues bombing ALL OVER Keystone with my 155 Revolver
threej21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

You have to keep in mind what you might want to do in the lifetime of the board. If you are interested in a little freestyle now you will probably be into it more down the line. Freestyle is not just in the park if you want to play around with butters or little pop 180s on the trail. I would agree with Snowolf the 155 with the NS shape will be all the board you will need. I am 6'1 230 and ride a Never Summer Evo 157. Last few years I have ridden down to 152/154 sized boards for freestyle only went up this year to help come back from an injury.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMotion View Post
You have to keep in mind what you might want to do in the lifetime of the board. If you are interested in a little freestyle now you will probably be into it more down the line. Freestyle is not just in the park if you want to play around with butters or little pop 180s on the trail. I would agree with Snowolf the 155 with the NS shape will be all the board you will need. I am 6'1 230 and ride a Never Summer Evo 157. Last few years I have ridden down to 152/154 sized boards for freestyle only went up this year to help come back from an injury.
The step down from a 162W (standard camber) to a 158W (rocker/camber) made a huge difference. They both handle the same except the added float and response of the RC tech. I also think the amount of effective edge is the same, even with the cut down in 4cm
neutralmlkhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

So you're saying you reckon it's be alright for me to step to a 155 given that you feel it rides like a longer board? I guess at the end of the day the 3cm Won't make all that much difference. There seems to be a 50/50 split opinion on which board would be right. I'm thinking maaaybe the 155, will still be mostly doing free ride but sounds like it'll handle like a slightly longer board and spin round easily.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

The two main reason someone would ride a longer board. One is to get more float in pow. The other is more effective edge to hold speed over ice. The shape of the NS board with its r/c shape allows for an easy ability to keep your nose up in deep snow and the effective edge is extended to equal that of a larger board giving you control at high speeds and ice. But being shorter in size (and 3cm is big just cause you can't feel a difference doesn't mean there isn't one) will allow a lighter more effortless ride and playful feel.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Ok, so maybe a 155 is alright then.
Little worried as found this:
SnowboardingForum.Com
Pretty much completely slates the SL, especially for an early intermediate like me who would be skid turning frequently and flat-basing at times.

Also,
Never Summer SL Dual Camber Snowboard, 155cm, 2012
Is this the same board? It says ''double camber'so was confused.
http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/P/Nev...2-(25732).aspx

Thanks everyone

Last edited by Decade190; 03-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.