Help a newbie buying first board/bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Red face Help a newbie buying first board/bindings

Hey guys! Hoping to buy my first set of board/bindings and would love some help choosing the right ones for me. Have read all the guides available, but still having trouble settling on one (I've listed some options that I think suit me below). My details:

Height: 179cm (5ft 10)
Weight: 63kg (141lbs)
Boots: Size 8, Burton 2012 Imperial (Male)
Location: Mainly Australia (Thredbo/Perisher) - not a huge deal of snowfall or opportunity to board in powder
Experience/level: Intermediate. Started last season, boarded ~15 days. Picking things up fairly quickly and started on some of the bigger kickers and parks by the end of the season.
Style: Little bit of everything (?all-mountain/freestyle), but more inclined towards jumps/kickers/parks rather than hardcore freeride. Not much powder where I am. Probably after a hybrid (more camber than rocker) board
Budget: Would like to keep things on the cheaper side, but happy to splurge if it will make a difference at my level, and if it means I can grow into it.

Some possible options I've found:
Higher end: Never Summer Proto/GNU Riders CHoice/Jones AMT/Lib tech TRS
Cheaper: K2 Raygun/GNU CC/YES the basic/Sierra board

Would love some specific recommendations for which boards/bindings I should consider! If not, more general advice (eg. Cheaper vs expensive for first board) would still be appreciated. I mentioned some of the options I had in mind above, but am open to more suggestions. THanks!
Raysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Get a Never Summer EVO from last season to save money. If your learning that quick and buy a lower end cheaper board you will just have to buy another one next season. The Evo is a board that will be great to progress in freestyle to any level. Also great all Mt/powder board.

This years evo at 25% off $375 Never Summer Evo Snowboard 2012
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote