2013 Signal Omni Wavelength - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Default 2013 Signal Omni Wavelength

Size: 156cm
Shape: twin-shape w/longer nose, wavelength rocker: camber between the inserts, rockered nose & tail
Bindings: 2011 Ride Delta MVMT
My stats: 6', 210 lbs
Stance: 24" 15/-15 regular

2013 signal omni wavelength 156cm.jpg

Conditions: We just survived Snowpocalypse 2012 so we ran the gamut of conditions everything from 12" of cement, chunder, hardpack, powder and ice.

Flex Torsionally this board was nice and responsive, overall somewhere around like 6.5 fairly consistent maybe a bit more play through the center. The rockered tips let you butter or press it like it was a bit softer but it was still firm enough to handle park jumps without washing out on the tail-heavy landings.

Handling I rode this board in every imaginable condition and it was a solid performer. That outside rocker gave you a bit of added float in the deep stuff and as heavy as it was this weekend that was greatly appreciated. The camber held like traditional camber so you could rail even the longer drawn-out carves on firm snow and hardpack, good snap/rebound to let you really power through the turns without scrubbing speed. Damp & stable enough you could straightline some nasty stuff on this board without feeling like you're about to die.

Ollie/Pop Good and consistent, but not ridiculously poppy. With the camber between your feet you can load this like a traditional cambered board, I had no trouble getting on to streetstyle rails or clearing stumps in the glades.

Jibs/Playfulness It's an all mountain deck a little bit damper than I'd really like in the park and there is also a small setback so it's not a true twin, however I spent a day riding this mostly in the park and don't have any complaints ollies on to rails were consistent, spinny boardslides on the picnic table boxes, and it buttered pretty well for an all mountain board.

Summing it up The Omni Wavelength was just a lot of fun to ride - I brought two boards with me on a four-day trip and didn't put the Omni down. It's squarely an "all mountain" board but it's one of those pretty versatile boards that will be pretty comfortable for most park applications. Well-suited for the guy who spends most of his time outside the park, wants that old familiar camber underfoot feeling but still wants a bit of float for the deep days.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote