All Mountain Freestyle Board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
Yeah, but he said all mountain freestyle board, not park board. And if you thought park, why not suggest the forum young blood dd?

I liked the board. It was definitely fun. But it's really nothing close to the altered genetics or the banana magic
The Youngblood is stiffer. So BOOOOOOOM

and to me all mountain freestyle mean versatile park board. If he had just said park I wouldn't have mentioned the Destoyer, or Forum at all probably.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Well, Lib Tech isn't the only company with BS marketing as so many like to say, because Forum lists the Destroyer as a 5 on flex, and the Youngblood with a 4.

Maybe we can cross the marketing argument against Lib Tech off the list since it appears every company is guilty....
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah when I said all mountain freestyle I meant freestyle on all parts of the mountain, not all mountain and freestyle.
ParkShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well, Lib Tech isn't the only company with BS marketing as so many like to say, because Forum lists the Destroyer as a 5 on flex, and the Youngblood with a 4.

Maybe we can cross the marketing argument against Lib Tech off the list since it appears every company is guilty....
I didn't even mention marketing this time. Oh and clearly if two of the many many snowboard companies out there have some marketing "issues" that means they all do. Super.

Oh and not advertising flex right is far different than what Mervin does.

Also, buy my things?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I didn't even mention marketing this time. Oh and clearly if two of the many many snowboard companies out there have some marketing "issues" that means they all do. Super.

Oh and not advertising flex right is far different than what Mervin does.
Just out of curiosity what kind of things does Mervin misrepresent?
ParkShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkShredder View Post
Yeah when I said all mountain freestyle I meant freestyle on all parts of the mountain, not all mountain and freestyle.
It's funny how words and tech change over time, cause my old '95 Kemper Freestyle is a fairly narrow, stiff, cambered board. I spent a lot of time in the park with it in the 90's. Now everybody wants a wet noodle for tricks.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkShredder View Post
Just out of curiosity what kind of things does Mervin misrepresent?
It's not a misrepresentation issue i have with them. Its an over hype issue. They play this hype game to make it feel as though all other products are inferior to theres. When BTX hit the market in the first SB they claimed it was basically the end all be all of snowboards. Next year when they were still pushing that NS came out with RC. Year after that so did Mervin, then tried to get a patent on it. They dont tuck their edges then claim better durability. Its more common to pull that tucked edge out than it is to break your core with a head on collision. Which is where they "claim" better durablility. When really no edge on the tip leads to mangled noses and delams. They play to this whole made in the US is vastly superior and put forth this small company vibe, when they're owned by Quiksilver. I know what it takes to make a board in the US, they ddont need to charge $400 for a CC. The Signal Park has no less exotic or quality materials and a sintered base and is only $360. Where's the justification for that $40 price? BTX? A mold only costs so much and they've broken even by now with that one by now.

There's other stuff but there ya go for starters (:

Also, buy my things?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

The people hating on Mervin on here really crack me up. They make great boards, they have (arguably) sick graphics, they've pioneered alot of tech over the years....they're one of the best in my book. Doesn't hurt that they're local either.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned Never Summer yet...but I would throw the Heritage into/onto your list. I was a Lib Tech guy going back to my 93/94 Matt Cummins but because of all the talk on here I tried the Heritage last year and I'm a convert. IMO the only area in which the Mervin boards are better than the Heritage is ice hold. Mangetraction is AWESOME on ice...but I find the Heritage to be more playful than the T.Rice I was riding before it...to me more of an all mountain/freestyle board.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Well I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned Never Summer yet...but I would throw the Heritage into/onto your list. I was a Lib Tech guy going back to my 93/94 Matt Cummins but because of all the talk on here I tried the Heritage last year and I'm a convert. IMO the only area in which the Mervin boards are better than the Heritage is ice hold. Mangetraction is AWESOME on ice...but I find the Heritage to be more playful than the T.Rice I was riding before it...to me more of an all mountain/freestyle board.
I have a Heritage and for the needs the op stated I think it would be too much board. A SL would be the NS all mountain board that would still be playful enough.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote