All Mountain Freestyle Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All Mountain Freestyle Board

Hey all,
I am looking for a hybrid camber all mountain freestyle board. I ride jumps, rails, and every part of the mountain. I like using natural features. I am currently between the GNU Altered Genetics and the Lib Tech Banana Magic. Does anyone have any input on either?
ParkShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkShredder View Post
Hey all,
I am looking for a hybrid camber all mountain freestyle board. I ride jumps, rails, and every part of the mountain. I like using natural features. I am currently between the GNU Altered Genetics and the Lib Tech Banana Magic. Does anyone have any input on either?

I would look at the TRS and the Riders Choice as well. A little softer than the magic which should help in the park, but they both can still handle the rest of the mountain.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Both overpriced.

Other than magne, which in my opinion is too much anyway, the Forum Destroyer Doubledog is just as good and at least $100 cheaper if you just have to have RC. Also there is the Flow Era which in my experience the sidecut on this has the most grip out of anything without specially designed gripping tech. Cheaper still than the Doubledog too.

Other fantastic all mountain capable park decks are the Nitro Rook, 2013 Signal OG Flat, Rome Reverb Rocker, Arbor Westmark/Blacklist, Bataleon ET or Whatever, Burton Joystick or Hero.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Both overpriced.

Other than magne, which in my opinion is too much anyway, the Forum Destroyer Doubledog is just as good and at least $100 cheaper if you just have to have RC. Also there is the Flow Era which in my experience the sidecut on this has the most grip out of anything without specially designed gripping tech. Cheaper still than the Doubledog too.

Other fantastic all mountain capable park decks are the Nitro Rook, 2013 Signal OG Flat, Rome Reverb Rocker, Arbor Westmark/Blacklist, Bataleon ET or Whatever, Burton Joystick or Hero.
I forgot that I ride the icy east so I'm really looking for high traction. I have a ride Antic and really hate the flat base. The rider's choice looks rad though, I might pick one up this summer.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am starting to sound like a shill but look at Smokin'. The Buck Ferton and Superpark both have RC and magne-traction. Better bases and warranty on them than the Mervin boards too.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
I am starting to sound like a shill but look at Smokin'. The Buck Ferton and Superpark both have RC and magne-traction. Better bases and warranty on them than the Mervin boards too.
I didn't even think about Smokin' but the superpark looks perfect for me. I'm gonna try to find one cheap after season.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Love the arbor blacklist it is amazing everywhere on the mtn from park to the double black.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Same board Nivek? Come on....the dampening and feel of the C2 vs double dog alone is night and day different. I've ridden the Forum DD Destroyer. Very fun board, but be prepared. This thing feels everything. For better or worse. Afternoon chop, and you'll hate this board. It definitely is fun. Not too squirely, despite more pronounced rocker zones. Pretty good pop. But I was lucky enough to catch a day with fairly heavy chop in the afternoon at the top of the mountain, and ice at the bottom, and this board was average at best with both conditions. Borderline bad with dampening.

If all you do is play in the park, ride fresh snow, or morning groomers....good board to look at. If you have any desire to drop in bowls, ride aggressive steeps, and hit runs hard still in the afternoon, this isn't your board.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well I rode it on a gnarly spring day at A-Basin with chopped out frozen old pow blocks. Did pretty well for me in the chop. Was it super damp? No, but since when do you want a PARK board to be super damp so you can't feel whats underneath you? I never would. To lose the feel of whats underneath you inhibits your fine adjustments on takeoff. Its great for an all mountain stick, but that's not the priority here.

Anyhow, that was just one of my list suggestions, and it was there if he really just has to have RC.

If were going to the dampening thing, I could just say... Evo.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, but he said all mountain freestyle board, not park board. And if you thought park, why not suggest the forum young blood dd?

I liked the board. It was definitely fun. But it's really nothing close to the altered genetics or the banana magic
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote