Never summer evo vs burton twc pro - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never summer evo vs burton twc pro

Hi first time poster

I'm looking to getting a new board at the being of next season. I'm looking at the twc pro and the evo, I know these boards are different in many ways. I'm an all mountain freestyle rider. I just can decide on which one is better can someone help me out. I like each board for many reasons. I'm currently riding a 07 burton blunt 155 and I'm prob going to breckenridge in December and I want something that will do work.

Im a camber guy, not a fan of vrocker but do like the hybrid rocker camber stuff.

I live in the East coast so its all ice hear.
im 5,7 and 170 pounds
11.5 boot size.
stance is -12 3 and -15 9
i already talked to someone about the width of the twc pro they said i would be fine. Its 246mm and my blunt is only 250.

Last edited by stevenlol25; 03-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.
stevenlol25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't know much, but it seems like NS is all the rage here, so you're probably going to get suggestions for the Evo because of that, and a lot of people are Shaun White haters, so...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

The TWC pro is a pipe board stiff and directional if you like freestyle it will suck. The EVO on the other hand can and will do it all at any level.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

yea its a hard decision, both boards are $500 dollars plus and to a 19 year old like myself thats a lot of money. The Evo is soft its 4/10. The Twc pro is a 6/10 i think. I like going off huge jumps and getting a lot of air. not into rail riding that much maybe some boxes here and there. I like the Twc pro because its stiff and has a lot of pop. I hear the evo has some great pop also. I just cant really compare these boards because they are so different from one another. It seems like the twc pro would be better for east coast riding cause its made to dig into the icy pipe walls and since its all ice here it makes sense that it would be great. I dont think i would regret getting either one. I know some people buy a board and regret buying it because its not their style. the only time i ride switch is when i land a 540 or something that leaves my riding away switch so it doesnt really matter to me if its directional or twin.

Last edited by stevenlol25; 03-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

The TWC sounds much more like it is your board. The Evo isn't that much of a board for big jumps.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm just hoping that I will not have a lot of toe drag on the twc pro. It's 246mm I have 11/11.5 boot, my local shop said it would prob not be a problem. My blunt right now is 250 mm
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

I coach on the east coast on my EVO and have hit 70' kickers on it. The TWC is not in it's league.
Boots might be another issue.

Last edited by SnowMotion; 03-09-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

My local shop told me that with my binding angles that it would be close for my boot size ,so Im not to worried about the boots.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good luck.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlol25 View Post
yea its a hard decision, both boards are $500 dollars plus and to a 19 year old like myself thats a lot of money. The Evo is soft its 4/10. The Twc pro is a 6/10 i think. I like going off huge jumps and getting a lot of air. not into rail riding that much maybe some boxes here and there. I like the Twc pro because its stiff and has a lot of pop. I hear the evo has some great pop also. I just cant really compare these boards because they are so different from one another. It seems like the twc pro would be better for east coast riding cause its made to dig into the icy pipe walls and since its all ice here it makes sense that it would be great. I dont think i would regret getting either one. I know some people buy a board and regret buying it because its not their style. the only time i ride switch is when i land a 540 or something that leaves my riding away switch so it doesnt really matter to me if its directional or twin.
Numbers are meaningless unless you've been on both. I haven't been on the TWC but have the Evo. It's not a noodle. But if you're not doing any rails I'm sure there are many, many boards better for jumps.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote