will i be able to jump on this board? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yes. No.

Very rarely are you actually lifting the weight of the board with your legs. Going off a kicker launches you up, and when you go to do a grab you're not lifting the board up to you, you're compressing in the air (ie. your head and shoulders actually go down, lower legs and board come up). I understand a lighter board will potentially be easier for spins, but we're talking marginal differences here. I'd get something that fits well that you ride comfortably on.

I would take a super poppy slightly heavier board, than a wet noodle light board any day.
good point, i didn't think about it like that
should be fine for me then, and i can always run a marathon a day to make my legs stronger if need be
Lcdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Also, do u mean 152?
yep, fixed
Old 03-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcdel View Post
good point, i didn't think about it like that
should be fine for me then, and i can always run a marathon a day to make my legs stronger if need be
Yeah just for shits and giggles I measured all the boards I had at home last year:

- 2011 Burton T7 159
- 2010 K2 Luna 148 (my GFs board)
- 1995 Kemper Freestyle 153 (my old board)

Weight including bindings for all boards was roughly 10 pounds +- 1 pound. Her board was about .5 lb lighter than my T7, which was about .5 pound lighter than my old Kemper. They also were all quite close in waist width. I'll check again when I get home but my board should be massively heavy compared to my GFs if you just look at size (and the fact that it's super stiff) but yeah.

If you're athletic you've got nothing to worry about. People tell me I should get a different board for powder cause they think my T7 is too stiff and cambered, I tell them I'm not there to take it easy I'm there for a workout. Good luck on your purchase!

edit:
Just looked it up on my home computer. The T7 weighed 11 pounds, the Kemper FS was 11 pounds, and the K2 Luna was 9.4, these figures were all with bindings mounted of course. So interesting to note that a much shorter womens board, that is also designed to be less stiff than my T7, was actually relatively close in weight.

Last edited by poutanen; 03-09-2012 at 11:38 PM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah just for shits and giggles I measured all the boards I had at home last year:

- 2011 Burton T7 159
- 2010 K2 Luna 148 (my GFs board)
- 1995 Kemper Freestyle 153 (my old board)

Weight including bindings for all boards was roughly 10 pounds +- 1 pound. Her board was about .5 lb lighter than my T7, which was about .5 pound lighter than my old Kemper. They also were all quite close in waist width. I'll check again when I get home but my board should be massively heavy compared to my GFs if you just look at size (and the fact that it's super stiff) but yeah.

If you're athletic you've got nothing to worry about. People tell me I should get a different board for powder cause they think my T7 is too stiff and cambered, I tell them I'm not there to take it easy I'm there for a workout. Good luck on your purchase!

edit:
Just looked it up on my home computer. The T7 weighed 11 pounds, the Kemper FS was 11 pounds, and the K2 Luna was 9.4, these figures were all with bindings mounted of course. So interesting to note that a much shorter womens board, that is also designed to be less stiff than my T7, was actually relatively close in weight.
in that case i definitely shouldn't have a problem, im guessing the one i tried was just exceptionally light compared to others (plus i've ridden a friend's and i know her's was heavier too). i can be excited for this board again, thanks!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You don't need a mens board. If you need a gnarlier girls board look at the Ride OMG, Flow Myriad, Nitro Cheryl Pro, Arbor Cadence is basically the womens Westmark...

There are some really good womens park boards out there. In fact Rides hybridrize tech was debuted in the OMG last year (and the limited release DH2's, but yeah). So especially from Ride and K2 womens boards are far from neglected in tech and build.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
You don't need a mens board. If you need a gnarlier girls board look at the Ride OMG, Flow Myriad, Nitro Cheryl Pro, Arbor Cadence is basically the womens Westmark...

There are some really good womens park boards out there. In fact Rides hybridrize tech was debuted in the OMG last year (and the limited release DH2's, but yeah). So especially from Ride and K2 womens boards are far from neglected in tech and build.
i know i don't need a men's board, it's just that i haven't found a girl's board that fits both my needs and my boot size like the proto does. i've found girl's all-mountain boards and park boards i loved, but not a one that could do both the way i want my next board to.