Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   never Summer Coors board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/4760-never-summer-coors-board.html)

fostpaint 03-19-2008 02:56 PM

never Summer Coors board?

Anyone have experience with the Never Summer coors board? I'm looking for a beginner board (see my other threadand everyone seems to have good things to say about Never Summer. I'm not sure if they "cheaped out" their board for Coors, but it sounds like a good deal. (I'm more than willing to cover a Coors logo with stickers or whatever). Am I missing something with this deal?

scottland 03-19-2008 03:51 PM

I actually emailed Never Summer about it. It is basically the same board as the System, except it doesn't have the carbon for additional pop. It would be a great beginner board. The downside is they want 4-6 weeks for deilvery.

fostpaint 03-20-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottland (Post 43922)
I actually emailed Never Summer about it. It is basically the same board as the System, except it doesn't have the carbon for additional pop. It would be a great beginner board. The downside is they want 4-6 weeks for deilvery.

Thanks Scott. Seems like you're all over my questions.

I'll play dumb here, since I'm really new to this. When you say "pop", what exactly are we talking about?

scottland 03-20-2008 03:16 PM

Pop is how much poppy or snappy the flex of the board is. When people say a board has good pop, they basically mean it ollies well :)

st.stark 03-20-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottland (Post 44187)
Pop is how much poppy or snappy the flex of the board is. When people say a board has good pop, they basically mean it ollies well :)

Bravo. Couldn't have explained it better myself. :D Yeah to the OC I would say jump on the deal!

Mr. Right 03-20-2008 08:32 PM

Those boards from what I've seen have been contest offerings at liquor stores. There is a liquor store down the street that has one up for contest right now. If I win it I'll let you know and hook you up cheap.

scottland 03-20-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Right (Post 44246)
Those boards from what I've seen have been contest offerings at liquor stores. There is a liquor store down the street that has one up for contest right now. If I win it I'll let you know and hook you up cheap.

You can buy it on their website for like $170 coorsbeer.com

fostpaint 03-21-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottland (Post 44278)
You can buy it on their website for like $170 coorsbeer.com

Exactly. Was trying to get a sense of how that might compare to a MSRP $300-$400 board that I could get 40-50% off right now. (Burton Royale, Rome Manual or Solution, Ride Fleetwood, Forum Raider, etc)

fostpaint 03-21-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Right (Post 44246)

Cool, man. Sounds like a deal.