Basic Board Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Basic Board Question

Hey so I have two questions for those of you with some experience. The first being our terrain park has some crappy boxes and rails and they basically scratched the crap out of my board in a few spots. I was wondering if they are significant enough to need ptex or if they wont really make a difference. Secondly whenever I hot wax my board at the end of the day after riding it looks like all the wax is already gone kind of that white "film" looking stuff on the sides. Is this typical and I will just have to wax more frequently or am I doing something wrong? I followed every step from snowolfs videos and i use hertel ski wax. I just want to make sure I am not damaging the board or slowing myself down. I have included images to help you answer my questions (The white film is more noticeable as it is the end of the season and i cleaned my base out before throwing a coat of protective wax on it) Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-10_20-45-46_15.jpg (57.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-10_20-46-03_881.jpg (66.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-10_20-53-11_960.jpg (87.4 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by johnnymac; 03-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.
johnnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your board is fine, I have at least 15 of those on the bottom of mine. Just give it a nice waxing and it will fill them in - problem solved. Even the deeper ones aren't that big of a deal, Ptex repairs are mostly necessary for coreshots.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Your board is fine, I have at least 15 of those on the bottom of mine. Just give it a nice waxing and it will fill them in - problem solved. Even the deeper ones aren't that big of a deal, Ptex repairs are mostly necessary for coreshots.
Yeah, what HM said. I was chasing my brother last year down the mountain and accidentally went Warp-10 over some gravel and chewed the shit out of my board. I jumped off right away in a panic and brought it into the ski shop. Pretty much told me the same thing HM said. I've had it waxed a few times now and they have mostly disappeared.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The white along the edges is edge-burn. That's where the wax gets worn away the quickest. A buddy of mine has the same issue where he waxes regularly but his base just doesn't seem to absorb very well and it's gets white there real quick. Some people do the edges with a harder cold temp wax. You could try that if you haven't already.
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote