New board, Infinity, Diva, Vinyl? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

female New board, Infinity, Diva, Vinyl?

Hey guys, I've been boarding for a while, I'm 5'6, 120lb, sz 8 boot, I got my board about 9 yrs ago so its a little dated, some sort of roxy 151 no idea what kind, I'm sure most current stuff is better than it. anyway from what I gathered researching 151 is probably too big for my weight. I'd say I was intermediate on the advanced side. Usually I like to bomb down hills, mostly groomers and go off a couple jumps, not much in the park but once in a while its fun and same with trees. I would love a NS infinity but just don't think I can afford it right now, I see some Rossi Divas on sale which I think might be similar, also the Rome Vinyl. I'm pretty sure I'll be looking at 148-149 depending on the board, if anybody has anything to say about these boards or any other that you think would fit that would be spectacular! Thanks!
jmca11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums! I haven't ridden the other two snowboards, but I can say that I'm really happy with my NS Infinity! Maybe you can find it on sale now because of all the end-of-season discounts?

What is your budget, and where do you usually ride?
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

My GF's loved her K2 Luna so far, it's a couple years old don't think they make cambered boards anymore.

Other than that, you can ride a longer board if you're used to it. A longer board will be better for carving and hard charging, floating in powder, etc., it'll just take a little more muscle to turn quick in the trees and for spin tricks.

For the longest time I was 135 lb riding a 153, then I got fat and now I ride a 159 lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses, I just found a NS for 400 so im pretty stoked on that i think i might go with it, can't find anything negative about the board. 400 is definitely most i want to spend was hoping for something in the the 3's with the end of season sale but hey whats another 100 I wish i could demo some but I can't seem to get that to work out. my 151 is fine, its the only board I've had after a rental or two so its pretty much all i know but i really can't get much flex out of it, I'm hoping this will work in my favor learning on it and going to probably a much better and hopefully a little softer board. I think 149 is probably the right size? do you guys have any ideas on bindings? Again mine are old and came with the board, I just got some salomon F20's a few months ago. Thanks so much!!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

There's a 147 NS Infinity on evo. If you go through them they will price match and beat the price by 5%. Riptank has them for sale for $337. Not bad if you want a 147.
dtcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

i found a 149 on sale so so so so pumped haha, cant wait untill next week to ride and finally a snow storm in so cal this wkend, so awesome! does anybody have any advice on bindings that go well with the infinity? thinking maybe rome strut or madisons?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

my wife has the madison's and she loves them
Rider161 is offline   Reply With Quote