Need help picking board for the wife! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

female Need help picking board for the wife!

Need help picking board for the wife!
Looking for a board for my wife who has a 12 year old K2 Luna 157

135 lbs 5'7" 7.5 boot
She's been riding on and off for 12 years, doesn't go super fast, cruises blue and black groomers,
solid rider
Doesn't care about riding switch or the park. We ride in NY so it's usually icy and we never see powder.

So I'm thinking a directional all mountain board on the softer side, with some kind of wavy edge.
Would these boards fit that bill? :
NS infinity, Arbor Swoon, Roxy Eminence

Please recommend a length, if you can, I am totally guessing from reading other posts, guessing 150?
Any advice/experience would be appreciated
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Eminence is a great board. I ride mostly blues, some blacks, some trees and NO park...also on the east coast. Magnetraction and the C2 profile help with the east coast conditions. It's a pretty stable board, but the rocker between the bindings still makes it playful.

It's supposed to be a great board for the pipe, but mine will never see that unless I take a wrong turn.

I'm shorter and a little heavier than your wife and I ride a 149. I don't think you would want to go any bigger than that unless she is used to, and likes, a longer board.

It's very lightweight so it might not be quite as damp as the other two boards.

The Roxy Ollie Pop was also a super fun ride! Not sure which one I like better, the Ollie Pop or Eminence. The Ollie Pop is a little heavier, with a slightly wider waist so it feels a little more stable. It also feels a little softer than the Eminence, and with the extruded base it is not quite as fast. They are both true twins though.

The other two boards get great reviews too, so I'm guessing you won't go wrong with any of them.
stealthyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

you didn't find the eminence squirrelly? I've been reading reviews that say its unstable at speed, but that may be the pre-c2 models.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Vixen

Smokins vixen in a 153 is a solid women's board for her. I just ordered a smaller one for my wife. they have the rocker/camber base and magna traction. Very solid ride for a women's all mountain board.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

I do not find the Eminence squirrelly. At first it did feel a little more like it wanted to get away from me than the Ollie Pop. You can feel the rocker between the feet a little more on it, but the camber outside the feet and the magnetraction really give solid edge hold, and it hasn't done anything I wasn't expecting it to do despite my early fears. After just a couple of runs I was completely comfortable on it and it has just continued to feel better as I learn more of what it can do.

Odd that Smokin would be mentioned in the next post because the Vixen that I rode was very squirrelly and grabby. It actually scared me, thought I was going to kill myself on it. I couldn't get it back to the demo tent fast enough. Not saying that it's not a good board...just wasn't for me at all.
stealthyc is offline   Reply With Quote