Burton Clash or Bullet? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Clash or Bullet?

Weight: 165
Boot size: 12
Riding style: freeride, groomed
Your location of riding: MN, groomed hills

Hey guys, first post, just learned how to snowboard this winter now I'm looking to buy my own so I can move on from the crappy rentals. I have a size 12 boot (Burton Moto). I've already bought a 160cm 2012 Burton Clash. Do you think 254mm waist width is big enough for me or do you think I should switch to the 2012 Burton Bullet 160cm (260mm waist width)?

I'm a beginner, just like to freeride, no park whatsoever. Probably going to get some 2012 Cartel Restricted bindings. Think those are OK for me too?

Thanks for all the help!
dangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

A 254mm waist is probably ok for you. I wear a 12 Nike ZF1 & haven't had any issues so far riding my Forum Bully with a 252mmm waist. I'm 90% on groomers & maybe 10% at most trying to play in the park - key word is TRY. My other board is a 163 LTD with a 258 or 259 waist. I ride duck (+15/-15) on both boards, which does help keep big feet on the board and out of the snow.

I picked up some Cartels last season & rode them for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. I think they're great bindings. I think they'd be a great binding for any skill level & are pretty responsive. Worst case, the responsiveness will help make you a better rider.
handscreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Burton claims their Shrinkage technology reduces the boot's footprint, so my size 12 should have the footprint of an 11. Hopefully that helps a little but it's reassuring to hear your 252mm board works with your size 12 boot.

Sick boots man! I'm a huge Nike guy (got tons of Nike basketball shoes, Air Jordans, etc.) so I was definitely looking at some Nike boots but they're a little out of my price range.

Good to hear you like the Cartels. I found some on clearance for $140 for the 2012 Restricteds so I figured it's worth the slight increase in price over some Missions or Customs.

Thanks for the advice/feedback!
dangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote