Best snowboard for jumps and kickers - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
You want something with pop, I'd go with traditional camber or some kind of hybrid, not straight reverse camber.
I agree with this...though I think the Blacklist/Westmark are exceptions to this as they pop really well for full RC decks. Opinions?
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Something hybrid camber would probably be your best bet. Check out Smokin and Neversummer they both seem to have hybrid camber down.
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned!

The proto is a quintessential jump board.

The Bataleon ET is also what I would call a jump board: medium flex, hella poppy. What I like about my proto over the ET is how it handles pow and the rest of the mountain. For pure jumping the ET may even be the better choice if spins are in the equation. Buy mine

Plenty of sick boards listed, the proto and NS are SOOO hyped around here, and they're everywhere, but there is a reason for it.

Last edited by snowklinger; 03-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I've read NS Proto CT review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT Review
They say that Ride DH2 pops more than Proto.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

You want pop find yourself a Burton T6 or T7, aluminium honeycomb core and a bunch of other little goodies. Shit I get air carving on a flat groomer switching from heel side to toe or vise-versa!

Another interesting thing to do is look at big air competitions and see what they're riding, instead of listening to us numb nuts...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Actually before you dive into all the reviews and opinions other ppl...you should take into account your weight...a board may have tons of pop...but if you don't have the weight to pre-load it...you'll never realize it.
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:

The Bataleon ET is also what I would call a jump board: medium flex, hella poppy. What I like about my proto over the ET is how it handles pow and the rest of the mountain. For pure jumping the ET may even be the better choice if spins are in the equation. Buy mine

Plenty of sick boards listed, the proto and NS are SOOO hyped around here, and they're everywhere, but there is a reason for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I've read NS Proto CT review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT Review
They say that Ride DH2 pops more than Proto.
There are probably alot of boards with more pop than my proto, including my ET. However I find that the Proto for me is more stable, better on its edges, more damp, faster, lighter, and while the pop may not be as violent, I have more fun enjoying the full range of the spring in my proto. This also makes me enjoy it as an all-mountain freestyle more than just a jump board.

When I said "quintessential" I meant that the proto is a jump board without question, if you asked which NS should I get for jumps? The answer is the Proto. It does many things well. The same question for Bataleon can be answered: Evil Twin. The major traits these boards share is carbon pop, medium stiffness(not a noodle), and twin shape.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

K2 Happy Hour has a built in "ollie bar" and has more pop than anyother board i've ever ridden and it's stable on big jumps.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Max

Quote:
When I said "quintessential" I meant that the proto is a jump board without question, if you asked which NS should I get for jumps? The answer is the Proto.
What's your weight and size of your Proto?
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
What's your weight and size of your Proto?
I weigh about 180 and ride a 154. Remember that not only does it have blunted tips, but the rails are drawn out as well, it rides like 156-159. I am at the maximum probably for weight on that size, but I have no problems with it. I've ridden 155 twins forever (18years or something) so I just stick with what I like (I'm short too, 5'6"(picture a fire hydrant with a bigass 'stache), even tho everyone will assure you that the board does not know height, I do ).

Its stable at speed, although I have been trying to consciously slow down, we've had alot of fatalities this year and with nothing but groomers, you gotta be careful.