New Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
ashfoot

Default New Setup

I've been renting the past couple of years and I am now finally buying one on Friday. I already know what I want and found out what I need through other guides but I just want to get checked on if it's ok. I'll be going into the shop tomorrow to try on the boots.

Burton Feather Board 149
Burton Stiletto Bindings MD
Burton Mint Boots 7.5

My info:
Weight: 130-135 lbs.
Height: 5'6
Shoe: 7.5-8

What do ya think? Good choice? Any bad reviews?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyahbean

You can't really go wrong with Burton gear. The Feather is the lower end board, but with Burton lower end is still better than some high end stuff. I think it's a sweet setup. I have the Burton Mint boots (last year's model) and I absolutely love them. They are super comfy and they have broken in perfectly. Make sure you buy a size that feels a bit snug, because with the TruFit boot liner that conforms to your foot, they are going to sink in a bit as you wear them, so they may feel a bit tight the first few times you wear them but after a few days of riding, they'll break right in.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Metalhead505

You cant go wrong with Burton, that is what I ride!
Old 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
ashfoot

ok, thanks! That might mean I'll go for the size 7 boot. Gah, I have small feet
Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
kyahbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfoot View Post
ok, thanks! That might mean I'll go for the size 7 boot. Gah, I have small feet
I have size 6, and my new board is a 149 also. I haven't even ridden it yet...this weekend! My boots made my toes fall asleep the first 2 days I was out on them, and I almost returned them thinking they were too small. I'm really glad I didn't because they fit me PERFECTLY now.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfoot View Post
Gah, I have small feet
haha me too! im 5'9 weigh 150 and rock a size 6.5 boot...
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
ashfoot

wow, that's a change! That's one of the reason why I hate buying shoes/boots online. They all have different sizing charts and fittings...
Old 03-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Metalhead505

Dont just buy a size boot you think will fit and dont try one on and say it fits good engough, try on like 3-4 pairs, you want them tight but not to tight!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
kyahbean

Well, with the TruFit liners Burton has in their boots, you do want them to be a bit tight because they are going to break in. It's a liner that conforms to your foot and the more you wear it, the "bigger" it is going to get. If you get a size that feels like it fits, after a few times out they are going to be too big after they break in.

You don't want it cutting off your circulation, obviously, but you do want it to be a bit too snug. (This is if you go with the TruFit liner.) And I know for a fact that the Burton Mint boots fit like this because I have them.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
ashfoot

Ok, so as it turns out, the lady I got at the store I went to was totally cool (and her last day) she gave me 40% off of all my gear! I got the 7.5 size boots because I could feel the end of the boot with my toes. I'm actually wearing them right now so that at least they'll be somewhat broken in before I head to the mountain on Monday. I got everything I hoped for except I chose a different board. I found out that the feather board has a wood core and decided against buying it. But instead I bought the Ride Solace 150 board. I love how the Burton bindings and boots match the it and I can't wait to try it out on the slopes!