Bataleon ET vs Goliath vs Riot vs Whatever - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon ET vs Goliath vs Riot vs Whatever

I am a intermediate to advanced rider ( 5 ft 8, 176 lbs) working seasons in the alps and am looking the bataleon 2011/2012 line up wondering which would be the best choice for me. I am an all mountain freestyle rider who also hits the park to ride the larger kickers. I don't ride the rails and boxes so much but love to spin and grab off kickers. I also like to ride the whole mountain at speed, carving and using natural features. However I also like to slow it down and do some ground trick and butter presses. This season I rode the 2010/2011 fun kink USA edition 153 and and the 2010/2011 Goliath 157. The fun kink was fun and playfully but at speed was unstable and had poor edge hold due to its size and flex. The Goliath is fantastic and copes with everything I can throw at it wherever we are on the mountain, the only thing is for butters and presses its a little stiff, its still possible but is way more work than my fun kink. Unfortunately after a season using it every day it's met too many rocks, trees and skiers and soon it's a little dinged up and am now considering replacing it. I have sold the fun kink to fund the purchase of an Undisputed 163 for those deep deep days and carving. So the question do I stick with Goliath as I know it is amazing all over or can I sacrifice some stiffness and stability and go for ET or Whatever which may butter better but not be as stable off kickers or all over the mountain. I know one thing though, it's definitely Bataleon!
IndiaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think the ET is the way to go for ya.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I agree with you, I wouldn't want to ride anything except Bataleon....and I also agree with Nivek: the ET sounds like your best bet.

I'm riding a 2012 ET and it's a great board, but I can't press it (need a fun.kink or softer for that). What I was really aiming for on this board is ollie pop and the ET has that BIGTIME! (the Riot is so stiff it's difficult to load). The ET is also super stable landing booters.

I've also been riding the Undisputed 163 for years (in snow over 6" deep) and it's pretty fantastic. It floats very deep snow (up to about 5 ft), but is also strangely playful on groomers. I'd personally try to get a 2011 Undisputed or earlier model because it has 4 cm more effective edge and coarser stone grind than the 2012...but Bataleon doesn't make very many of their powder boards, so anything other than the 2012 is probably going to be very difficult to find.

Last edited by extra0; 03-23-2012 at 09:00 PM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

I also think the ET is the board you're looking for. I have an '11 ET and a '10 FunKink, love both of them. I think the ET is the best jump board out there, and it's good for any type of riding. It's harder to press on it than a rocker board or some noodle, it's medium/stiff and wants to spring back, but it's not too hard to flex it. I'm about your size and I can press it just fine, but it took me a while to figure it out since I never really tried to until this year. I didn't notice the problems you had with the funkink, I can go as fast and hit anything with it just the same as my ET. I'm actually considering selling it because it's not as soft as I was expecting, but it might just be the super soft boots and flow bindings I have on it making the board harder to press, I'll try it again next year with some stiffer boots and bindings.

For deep snow you might want to check out the camel toe next year.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote