Burton Royale a good match? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Royale a good match?

Hey guys,

to start off, i've had my eyes on a burton royale 2008 154 (or 162) to buy for the last three months. Now with after season sales, i need to know whether or not this board will fit my 5'9", 145lb frame with a 9-9.5 boot size.

i would go with the 158, but i hate black, and the white is only in 154 or 162. 162 is too big for me, right?

i looked online comparing the waist widths and it seems this board varies by about 5-6 MILLIMETERS wider than most freestyle boards. Will i be okay with this board?

-jason
italiaboi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

The Royale is a mid wide. If you have only size 9.5 boots Id get the Air. its the same board only a little narower. I ride a Royale 158 and Im 190lbs. It is a really nice board but since your feet are smaller Id really sugest the Air.
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

162 is way too big for you, especially if you are looking for a freestyle board. Also, the Royale isn't really a pure freestyle board...it's a little more freeride/freestyle. If you are looking for a pure freestyle board, you might want to go in another direction.

However, if you are looking for an allround board and really like the Royale, the 154 would probably work fine for you.

Last edited by schmitty34; 03-21-2008 at 10:54 AM.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah just looking for an all around board. my friend said the width would help me be more stable?

also, i;m looking for more of a cruising board anyway, i don't fancy the park or rails that much. Just fast, high speed carving runs with some small-med jumps. I loove high speed runs. The 154 would suit me well?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
volcomkid

the air or royale would be a perfect match and the 154 royale would fit fine a smaller board isnt much of a problem. I'm 122lbs and used to ride a 146 before it got stolen and i could go at high speeds and stay stable
Old 03-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

My royale 158 is a very good speed run board. I loved it untill I got my Smokintraction 162. You can get a smokintraction from porterstahoe.com for $250 with the bacon coupon
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiaboi24 View Post
yeah just looking for an all around board. my friend said the width would help me be more stable?

also, i;m looking for more of a cruising board anyway, i don't fancy the park or rails that much. Just fast, high speed carving runs with some small-med jumps. I loove high speed runs. The 154 would suit me well?
Hmmm...I'm no expert, but I don't think the width will really help be more stable at high speeds. It will help you float powder better, but won't really help you carve better.

If you are looking for high speed carving, a longer board is better. But at your size, the 154 is probably about right.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

alright guys, i have decided on the board. Thankx!