jib board sizing question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
xn7

Default jib board sizing question

i'm 5'8 and 155lb.. and since spring is rolling along now and prices have been going down i'm looking for board primarily to learn jib and small jumps.. am i going too small with a 147cm?

i was looking for a 150-152cm but found a great price on a 147, tell me the truth guys

Last edited by xn7; 03-26-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: i'm bad at spelling
xn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

147 would be good for you don't go over 150. im 5'11" 175 lbs and i use a 153.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
xn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprider_capita View Post
147 would be good for you don't go over 150. im 5'11" 175 lbs and i use a 153.
cool

forgot to include this in my original post.. i wear size 10 boots, wonder how that fits on a 147 lol
Old 03-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

How flexy is it? Because I am 5'5 150 and I have a Nitro Swindle 142cm and a Capita Ultrafear Fk 152cm. They are both park boards, but the Capita is stiffer and the Nitro is a noodle, and I prefer to ride my Capita any day of the week. You have more control on a longer and stiffer board. I have advanced my jumping/jibbing so much more on the Capita. It is all preference but I would suggest the 152.
uh oh a virus 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
xn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus 2 View Post
How flexy is it? Because I am 5'5 150 and I have a Nitro Swindle 142cm and a Capita Ultrafear Fk 152cm. They are both park boards, but the Capita is stiffer and the Nitro is a noodle, and I prefer to ride my Capita any day of the week. You have more control on a longer and stiffer board. I have advanced my jumping/jibbing so much more on the Capita. It is all preference but I would suggest the 152.
it's one step up from being noodle. interesting comments regarding the stiffness/length and what you have been able to learn on the different boards..

142 is tiny though! you're basically the same size as i am
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus 2 View Post
when you're spinning onto a rail you want a shorter board because it's less weight and easier to spin on a smaller board and plus it will make it easier to lock in on a rail because there's less tip and tail to slide out on.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

OP get a 147 and you wont regret it and your boots should be fine i wear a size 12, although the board is a little longer than i would personally get at your size and height. What board/bindings are you getting?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xn7 View Post
it's one step up from being noodle. interesting comments regarding the stiffness/length and what you have been able to learn on the different boards..

142 is tiny though! you're basically the same size as i am
Haha in comparison a 142 to me is a 147 to you. But the Swindle is a 2 I'm pretty sure and it really wasn't that good. I don't like soft boards because they aren't good out of the park, and you don't have a lot of control and you wash out in the park! I ride strictly all park at my local mountain, and then I get to hit a few real mountains a season, and the longer/stiffer board is definitely the way to go. Especially for handrails. If you want to advance your riding your gonna have to leave the boxes behind and try handrails a little bit, and when I would grind my swindle would literally taco, but the Capita was extremely smooth and made spinning both on and off rails a breeze. As for jumps, when you land on a noodle you wash out and everything is super wobbily. If you lean back to much when you land your done. The stiffer board on the other hand cushions your landing and makes landing in general easier. If you land leaning too far back you won't have as bad of a landing.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprider_capita View Post
when you're spinning onto a rail you want a shorter board because it's less weight and easier to spin on a smaller board and plus it will make it easier to lock in on a rail because there's less tip and tail to slide out on.
That's true too. It really is just all preference. I prefer stiff, he prefers a noodle, what do YOU prefer?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

OP if you can get a 147 (or maybe even a little smaller) capita indoor survival or something along those lines that would be the best all around board for you because it's kind of a happy medium between a noodle and plank and will be able to do anything you want to do