Another Noob Looking For A Board.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Noob Looking For A Board..

I'm looking to get a new board and I've been leaning towards the GNU Danny Kass C2BTX 2012 model or the Lib Tech TRS. I can get both boards for about $370. wondering if i should pull the trigger on one of these, or are there any other boards around that price range that are for riding the mountain and park?

I'm wondering if these are good boards for mostly mountain riding, until i can get good enough to park it up. My goal is to do more park than riding, but right now it's about 70-80% riding and 30-20% park. Just to note, I'm pretty much a beginner, I've only ridin about 7 times for about 6 hours or so each. I had an instructor nearly every time, but they sucked balls and catered to the real noobish people.

Also, what size should i get? I have i size 7-8 mens shoe. I weigh about 210 lbs (goal is to be 180 by the time i start boarding. I've gotten lazy and gained a lot of fat since I've been out of school... I know that's an issue) and i am 5'9.

Thank you guys. I've read some posts on this board and i trust you guys to help me purchase my first real board.

Last edited by iShotiiKillz; 03-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.
iShotiiKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stu

Default Ride Manic is perfect!

This is a mostly mountain board but I rented a 2012 Ride Manic while in the Alps this year and its such a great board to start boarding on. I'm not a beginner but this board is perfect for it!

It's a directional flat camber with slightly rockered early rise nose and lower rise tail. A brilliant, brilliant all-mountain board. Loads of fun, catch free, light, stable, easy to turn. I rode it in powder where it was sooo much fun I can't tell you! (im smiling now On hard piste it was stilll great and I took it on jibs and boxes too and it worked well there. Basically it'll let you try everything and have a fun doing it!

If you want a twin then the Rossignol Taipan is great choice too! (Good review on Snowboard Gear Reviews By The Good Ride )

Good thing with these two boards is they're both sensibly priced too!

Last edited by Stu; 03-27-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

155-157cm, if you lose the weight. 158 or < if you don't.
outlyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks .
iShotiiKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

[QUOTE=iShotiiKillz;498893]I'm looking to get a new board and I've been leaning towards the GNU Danny Kass C2BTX 2012 model or the Lib Tech TRS. I can get both boards for about $370. wondering if i should pull the trigger on one of these, or are there any other boards around that price range that are for riding the mountain and park?
QUOTE]

Hi iShot,

The Gnu Danny Kass is a great board, but it is also a very specific board and it really is designed for Danny. It is a power/stiffer deck and is fairly wide at each size. As a newer rider with very small feet it is not a great choice for you. If you are looking to check out C2, Magnetraction, and the other great Mervin technologies, I would suggest a Rider's Choice which is a better fit in 154.5. Typically I would suggest a size up, but foot size 7-8 is very tricky and you will be happier on the smaller deck (especially if you are a size 7).

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote